jbj 28hqi build.... sorta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
give him time. if he is hiding it means he is actively avoiding. key word is active. dont most people say it takes a few days for new fish to stop being shy? if not a week?

coffeetwitch said:
give him time. if he is hiding it means he is actively avoiding. key word is active. dont most people say it takes a few days for new fish to stop being shy? if not a week?

My sailfin tang hid for a week before I saw him

I know i need to give him time but if i cant see him i cant make sure hes ok. Its a barebottom with 3 rocks for filtration...so not seeing him is like, where can he hide!

I know the feeling, just keep positive! I had 2 yellow watchmans disappear before I got lucky with my 3rd. :-(

Duece/take two is still alive, liking that. Saw him eat quite a bit, still very shy though.

In my dt i found two baby crabs... Makes me a little unhappy cuz i have to catch more of the buggrs. I thought i had only one adult, who has created absolute pandemonium in the tank rcently. Tonight i saw him carrying something in his claws... No idea what it was. I snapped a pic with the video cam but upload will have to wait till morning.

heres the crazy crab holding on to who knows what..

crab carry.jpg

is this normal?

in the qt my beauty is trying to get under a rock and nearly laying down, which also seems odd. What is going on?

so, if i wanted a pump to not have to lug water through the house for water changes whats a good cheap one that can go about 9' across the floor and close to 5' up?

I'm using a rio 1100 I think and it goes about 15 feet across my living room and up about 4-5 feet. :) It's not the fastest but I didn't want a gushing flow anyways. lol Rio has alot of different pumps in many outputs and they are the cheapest I've found.

kurtyboh said:
so, if i wanted a pump to not have to lug water through the house for water changes whats a good cheap one that can go about 9' across the floor and close to 5' up?

I just use a regular return pump and I have 15 -20 feet of tubing going across if I need it and a clam to secure the tubing to the tank

I dont have a spare pump though... I have one that has about three feet max head it would work to transfer rodi to my mixing bucket. But not really needed as thats outside and doesnt matter if i splash.

Ill check out the rio, i looked at a couple remoras earlier that seemed like they would work, but a touch spendy for convenience.

kurtyboh said:
I dont have a spare pump though... I have one that has about three feet max head it would work to transfer rodi to my mixing bucket. But not really needed as thats outside and doesnt matter if i splash.

Ill check out the rio, i looked at a couple remoras earlier that seemed like they would work, but a touch spendy for convenience.

Oddysea has some cheap pumps which could be used for transferring water.

Thanks ibraham, is that a tusk i see?

Added some phosban, hope it helps cuz it was nearly 40 bucks for 100ml! Their chart shows i should have at least 200ml in there... Cant drop that kinda cash on it though, imm sure its cheaper if i didnt buy locally here...

So the gfo is working nicely, stll have algae building up but not too quickly. It looks as if ill have it beat shortly.

Also the beauty has a white spot on his dorsal fin... Always something right?

kurtyboh said:
So the gfo is working nicely, stll have algae building up but not too quickly. It looks as if ill have it beat shortly.

Also the beauty has a white spot on his dorsal fin... Always something right?

Don't be mad at yourself about it. Alot of people haven't had luck wit Coral Beauty's as they are prone to ick. I've tried five times total in 2 different tanks and just gave up.

Hes in qt, still used crushed garlic with great success on my clown, will use it again as soon as water the sw is finished mixing. If it isnt gone in the am ill start hypo.

Back
Top Bottom