Jeweled Goby Cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxw47

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This weekend I have been looking for new fish to breed, and I came across a cool little fish called a Jeweled Goby Cichlid. Anybody heard of it? From what I have found, they live on the north shore of lake Tanganyika and they're herbavores for the most part. Breeding wise, once a pair is formed, they will breed for life. Kind of like angelfish in that manner. The female will hold the fry in her mouth for two weeks with out eating. Then the male takes the fry in his mouth for about a week. After that, the fry are for the most part ignored by the parents and they are on their own. That is what I found. Does anybody know anything more? I plan on having a ten gallon (to small? couldn't find tank size info) with aragonite sand. The water would be RO, so the sand would harden and buffer. I would assume that they would destroy plants because they are a hebavorous african cichlid. I might try some anubias. Does anybody know if they start to pick on the fry after a while? Another major problem I am running into is finding some of these. I saw one offer on aquabid, but that was in new york and the guy wasn't shipping. They aren't on my LFS's wholesalers list either. So if anyone knows where I could get some that would be great. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom