Joey's Rimless 17 Gallon High Tech Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brian or Bill-

I started seeing this a week ago a little bit on some dying Downoi, and then i came home from a weeks vacation, and it is on everything now. Not out of hand, but getting worse. My co2 ran out while I was away so it may have made it worse. I haven't even chnged anything with the tank, other than upping my micros because of a deficiency which was corrected. I don't know why I'm getting this.
It looks like cobwebs.

Attachments

• image-3811722163.jpg
    image-3811722163.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2437011661.jpg
    image-2437011661.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 116
Yeah, I have 2 RCS and 2 CBS. When I get the new tank, they will stay in here and this will be a CRS/CBS tank. Ok. Thanks Brian.

Lol, I won't! Hopefully I can get it filled by tomorrow.
Aqua Forest is really making me mad, too. The 60-P has been out of stock for 2 months! I'm tempted to just get the Mr. Aqua 17.4 gallon and be done with it so I can get this project underway.

Although I think Mr. Aqua tanks are nice, if you have budgeted for an ADA, I'd wait... I struggled with a similar dilemma not too long ago and then I googled and searched old threads on TPT about Mr. Aqua green tinted glass versus low iron high clarity glass a la ADA, and there's an overwhelming amount of previous Mr. Aqua and Do!Aqua owners who, even then switched to ADA, agree they wished they got an ADA from the start or wish to never go back... lol I may sound biased myself, but ADA is simple perfection and when you see high clarity glass and go back to standard, difference is like night and day IMO.

Anyways, have you emailed AFA? Did they give you an ETA?

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. I see threads of ADA tank compared to others and the ADA tanks are amazing. Plus I want that little ADA sticker on the bottom right corner. As bad as it sounds, It's almost like a status symbol of our hobby. I guess I'll wait then. Thanks for reassuring Brian. Haha. I saw ADG has them, but I'm concerned with the shipping speed/customer service, and it's priced higher than AFA I think. Unless Aqua Forest would charge 60$ in shipping and it would even out.

Aqua forest told me 3 weeks 6 weeks ago. Lol. :/ so I have no clue. I heard from someone on TPT that they're having problems with their supplier or something.

PS- My girlfriend jut landed in San Fran, and will be there for 3 weeks. She's stopping by AFA to get a tank for herself for OEBTs. She's gonna get me some Aquasoil, too. She promised lots of pictures so I'm pumped
They should allow emojis on here :/

Yeah I watched some SCAPE club videos on YouTube when they have their meetings there. If I ever visit SF again, I'm definitely stopping by there.

BTW, have you seen the AquaTop high clarity tanks on truaqua? There's a 60-H equivalent for $200 shipped. I only bought the 2.1g HC cube to see the quality...it's very close to ADA standards if not on par with it... Here's my review/scape of it...

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/brians-2-11g-rimless-pico-cube-aquatop-254015.html

But if the lure of the ADA badge is calling, just wait...Haha

Last edited:
Yeah I've seen them for sure. I thought about that one. My only thing is with the height of that one, I think I would need to go with a 4 bulb t5 instead of a 2. They are cool tanks. I think it's a little more expensive though. I'll think about it. I'll need to make a decision soon though. Haha.

ADG shop has the 60P in stock.. Although I've heard mixed reviews about ADG's shipping speed and customer service.. Bill has dealt with them...

ADA Cube Garden Rimless Aquarium's // Standard Sizes

I have dealt with ADG before. I got some replacement aquasoil because the soil i had turned to mush. He sent me the wrong kind (powder type instead of regular amazonia) and took a while to reply. I have contacted them regarding buying other things, and have gotten no reply. They seem to ignore emails, or at least take a very long time to respond. When I did buy from them, their shipping speed was ok.

Yeah, I know. I see threads of ADA tank compared to others and the ADA tanks are amazing. Plus I want that little ADA sticker on the bottom right corner. As bad as it sounds, It's almost like a status symbol of our hobby. I guess I'll wait then. Thanks for reassuring Brian. Haha. I saw ADG has them, but I'm concerned with the shipping speed/customer service, and it's priced higher than AFA I think. Unless Aqua Forest would charge 60$ in shipping and it would even out.

Aqua forest told me 3 weeks 6 weeks ago. Lol. :/ so I have no clue. I heard from someone on TPT that they're having problems with their supplier or something.

If you're in a huge hurry, AFA has Do Aqua 60Ps in stock- they are regular (not high clarity) glass, but they are cheaper.

Login : Aqua Forest Aquarium, ADA USA, Aqua Design Amano

Well guys, I'm thrilled to say that since max linked that, AFA just got a new stock of 60-Ps (;

Oh heck yeah! Makes me want to buy one so bad!! Haha

Can't wait till you get it man... unboxing is fun :)

I'm so pumped to get it. Hopefully I'll be able to order it tonight :) I love unblocking stuff. My girlfriend bought a Do! Aqua Music Glass diffuser and 3 liters of AS for my new OEBT/CRS tank :)

OEBT and CRS in the same tank? I think they can interbreed. You'll end up with some ugly offspring. Maybe go with a Neo species along with one aforementioned Caridina.

Sorry Brian. I should've specified. Haha. I mean either OEBT or Crystal Reds and Crystal Blacks. I'll probably do PFRs with them too. Haha. Tank will be ordered tomorrow. Just showed my dad everything.

Back
Top Bottom