Joey's Rimless 17 Gallon High Tech Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahah oops...well for some reason my dad wants Aquasoil so were ordering g Aquasoil tomorrow from ADG since its 15$ cheaper, and nice piece of driftwood!

@Bill so do I, trust me. Lol.

@brian Yeah he always has been. He loves my tank and he has been supporting it for a while now. Getting a bigger rimless tank for my room was actually his idea! So if I do say so, he's pretty cool. ;)

I'm actually a little bummed that I didn't order it last week, but ya know, I've waited a long time, I can wait a little longer. I want this tank to be awesome.

Well guys! It has been long awaited! Atleast for me...lol. But it finally came! I am thrilled with the quality! The silicone was done very well.

Attachments

• image-3912780365.jpg
    image-3912780365.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3654772985.jpg
    image-3654772985.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 72
  • image-4062881348.jpg
    image-4062881348.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 59
  • image-797372796.jpg
    image-797372796.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 74
Wonderful... thank God it's in one piece. I remember when Bill finally got his 12L only to unbox a shattered tank. So Bill really has two 12L Mr. Aqua... we're just waiting on his DIY prowess to fix it already! Haha

So.. Joey.. I can't tell really well from the pic, but is your tank sitting on some elevated frame from the stand? Like is it not being supported in the middle?

Edit: really nice glassware! Awesome overall setup... can't wait! :)

Wonderful... thank God it's in one piece. I remember when Bill finally got his 12L only to unbox a shattered tank. So Bill really has two 12L Mr. Aqua... we're just waiting on his DIY prowess to fix it already! Haha

So.. Joey.. I can't tell really well from the pic, but is your tank sitting on some elevated frame from the stand? Like is it not being supported in the middle?

Edit: really nice glassware! Awesome overall setup... can't wait! :)

Yeah, thank god. I remember that. I actually thought of that today, especially when the UPS guy asked me to help him carry it in. Haha. Thank god it's ok.

As of right this minute, the middle is unsupported. We had a counter top cut just for the stand. My dad is picking it up tonight after work, and ill be putting it on tonight.

Thanks alot, Brian! The glass ware was 20$ on amazon with free shipping. I don't have anything to compare, but they're actually pretty thick! Not to bad for 20$. The thermometer can with the tank. It's pretty cool.

Edit: I just have to wait for my Aquasoil and driftwood to come in, and as soon as it ships from ADG ill order plants.

I kinda want to try to achieve a scape like this one.

Attachments

• image-1114804227.jpg
    image-1114804227.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 98
I personally like HC, but that's what most people use for carpets - the staurogyne would be a TAD more out of the ordinary. Either one looks great.

I love HC too, just not trimming it. Haha. My only concern with the Staurogyne is, will it be too big for the tank?

Alright, I think I'm going with HC then. I haven't seen how it grows in aquasoil yet, so I'll try it :)

Alright, I think I'm going with HC then. I haven't seen how it grows in aquasoil yet, so I'll try it :)

Great Thread !

I got into this hobby not to long again also. Been about 7 months the knowledge I've soaked up is wonderful. The Chemistry & Biology I forgot from HS. ;) Here is my planted rimless ~35 gal custom tank. The lights on the tank the Marineland double bright LED bars isnt what is on them swapped them last Sunday. Found a much better LED system for the plants have double their growth. If you all want a live webcam view of the tank hosted on a RaspberryPi take a look at http://beta-pi.susti.us

Best Regards,
--Kev

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 77
Great Thread !

I got into this hobby not to long again also. Been about 7 months the knowledge I've soaked up is wonderful. The Chemistry & Biology I forgot from HS. ;) Here is my planted rimless ~35 gal custom tank. The lights on the tank the Marineland double bright LED bars isnt what is on them swapped them last Sunday. Found a much better LED system for the plants have double their growth. If you all want a live webcam view of the tank hosted on a RaspberryPi take a look at http://beta-pi.susti.us

Best Regards,
--Kev

Thanks alot man! Ill have it planted in the next two weeks. At most two weeks. I'm in highschool so the chem and bio help me alot! And vice versa. :) that's cool! I love the jungle look!

Alright Guys-

Hopefully, ill order Aquasoil and driftwood tonight, and if ADG doesn't screw up my order, it will be here in a week. Ill order plants this coming Monday and have it planted next Friday. I'm super excited.

I'm also on the hunt for 2 Erio Cinereums! :)

Back
Top Bottom