Jordan's 55 Gallon Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My tank is the most relaxing part of my day. There isn't a better escape. It's finals week and I'm so grateful that I have a reef!! Am I the only one?

My tank is the most relaxing part of my day. There isn't a better escape. It's finals week and I'm so grateful that I have a reef!! Am I the only one?

Jordan you are not alone! I sit for hours and watch my tank. It helps me decompress! Good luck on finals!!!

Jordan you are not alone! I sit for hours and watch my tank. It helps me decompress! Good luck on finals!!!

It's the best therapy in the world! Thank you! :) I'm so ready for summer!!

I need y'all's help. Anyone know what these white spots are on my polyps?

img_2459762_0_f956e8429ddb63ee308f61140846c8b6.jpg

img_2459762_1_c420830c667a76a622ca1f63f9fc5aec.jpg

The polyps will have a single ray from the mouth to the edge, ending in a tiny bump. Something to do with how they grow I guess. Every single one of my palys has the same thing.

The polyps will have a single ray from the mouth to the edge, ending in a tiny bump. Something to do with how they grow I guess. Every single one of my palys has the same thing.

Thank you, but the white spots are on the "stalk" it looks almost like ich.

Here's mine tonite. Light just went out and they rolled up, but on the big one you can even see the line on the underside. In about the 7 o'clock position.
In an older photo you can see the lines and bps on each head. Completely normal I'm sure.

Attachments

• image-3154187149.jpg
    image-3154187149.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2876686720.jpg
    image-2876686720.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 95
I am full of regret right now. I literally just spent money on corals and lights that I probably shouldn't have bought. Next week I will have money for medication. I hope they make it that long. I think I'm going to give this method a shot.

img_2460849_0_73f85a0753b0141c8415d32ab0815a77.jpg

Your tank is definitely progressing. Keep at it and get some top off. Your salinity has got to be going crazy.

Your tank is definitely progressing. Keep at it and get some top off. Your salinity has got to be going crazy.

Thanks. It is my pride and joy. Salinity stays at a pretty even 1.025 since I'm constantly having to top of and change water.

Just came across your thread. 15g a week, holy cow. Get an ATO, well worth the money and saves your back. Single best investment I've made.

Just came across your thread. 15g a week, holy cow. Get an ATO, well worth the money and saves your back. Single best investment I've made.

I've always been really curious as to how ATO's work. Might be an investment I need to make! I don't have an RO/DI system though. Any info on them?

I've always been really curious as to how ATO's work. Might be an investment I need to make! I don't have an RO/DI system though. Any info on them?

Pretty simple float valve.. When the water level
Drops, a ball or level will turn a pump on which is Plumed into some rodi water. Very good investment

Yup that simple. Lots of auto top off systems available, some are really fancy and others are more rudimentary, Prices go along accordingly. I personally use a rudimentary ATO, I got mine from autotopoff.com. Nothing fancy but it works well.

Ahhhh. I can't even hang my skimmer on the back. I think I'm stuck hoping a lid will fix it for a little while. Thank you guys for the information! :) I want one really bad.

Back
Top Bottom