Josh's 24g nano build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qb6fire

Aquarium Advice Freak
this will be a tad lengthy but thanks to those who stick thro it all and add all the comments concerns and corrective criticism you can plz!!!
thank you in advance to all that help...
well here it goes...
got the tank from a previous owner off of craigslist for stand and tank for 165.
here it is... 1st pic is it dirty second is it clean
59499-albums9095-picture35219.jpg

59499-albums9095-picture35222.jpg

at my local LFS i purchased 12lbs of live rock and 30lbs of sand. yes i know its not the 1.5-2lbs of LR to gal ratio but i plan on having corals come with rocks in the future and a big fan of negative space. so here it is with roch sand and water
59499-albums9095-picture35703.jpg

I monitored the tank like a hawk at first as any noobie would and it payed of for me getting the fully cured LR. I tested and tested and went thro my spikes in my cycle and finally finished it in a lucky 2 1/2 weeks and yes i did waterchanges and made sure my numbers stayed the same. So i decided to start slowly and go with my CUC
2 snails (king of the hill)
59499-albums9095-picture35620.jpg

and 3 of these awsome lil guys
59499-albums9095-picture35619.jpg

let these guys go for 2 weeks maintaining great numbers and super clear water and decided to make that big step and get my first fish... thought about 2 clowns but i asked 1st and decided on the safe rout of small bio load at first with one firefish still without a name :( either station or captain.. anyone??? help me decide please :) and without furthere interuptions here he is
59499-albums9095-picture35922.jpg

oh and cant forget about those zoas i got at the same time :)
59499-albums9095-picture35920.jpg

and 2 more weeks go by and bam diatom outbreak and my crabs have been feasting all in the mean time my firefish has been eating pellets woohoo. today however getting more water for a waterchange turned into a spending spree for me but for others just another day at the LFS haha purchasing 2 hammer corals :)
this guy opened up nicely and seems to really like its spot
59499-albums9095-picture36206.jpg

but this guy played it stuborn so i moved him slightly and he started to open up but this is all it got to before i went back to school and was much happier when i got home with a dead phone and no new pics of it but here he is
59499-albums9095-picture36207.jpg

and for those who stuck thro all of that thank you and i will keep you all updated in the near future as i add more and more and thanks again also for the comments concerns and corrective criticism

update time :)
corals have opened up nicely and plump lookin

fish is doin great roaming all over

sorry no pics today to busy in a wedding this weeking woot woot not mine tho

Love the firefish! Mine is a bit secretive but still a cool guy. lol

The hammer looks good too, I'd give the second one some time and see if it opens some more and fills out. :)

Thanks and both corals are very open like last bight a dry sponge now a wet one big difference

Corals are starting to get brighter :) fish is great but looks to lonely. :(

Not looking too bad mate!!! It's really coming along well??? Are you fully testing your water as I'd love to see what your results are in comparison to mine????? Keep up the great work

I havent had time lately but have a crazy diatom bloom going on so thats a good sign and keeping my crabs happy

Got my red banded coral shrimp today woohoo aclimating him today but taking my time :) heard they are fragile

Haha ya my buddy has a coral banded and that was one thing i kept watching everytime i went over so i had to get a lil guy to watch him grow

Possibly going to get my clowns today maybe friday depending how the day plays out ha

Well clowns will have to wait till sunday or monday to be cheaper :)

Hermits attack! My larger hermit was a lil bully today attacking the smaller one for some reason.... got a small video but idk how to upload to to the comp then you tube haha

Coral banded molted last night!!! Day 3 in the tank for him... is it normal that soon or can it be stress related?

Thought i had an ich scare last night but my firefish likes to get dusted with sand by my banded coral shrimp before they cuddle up for the night

qb6fire said:
Coral banded molted last night!!! Day 3 in the tank for him... is it normal that soon or can it be stress related?

I was told in my LFS that it's perfectly fine they shed to a number of reasons!!!

Animal3625 said:
Why does a Sunday or a Monday make them cheaper???

My lfs guy gets the black and whites for 35-40 and hand selects his fish from the same place the guys from tanked go in la on sundays haha

And he only gets fish already eating pelets :)

Back
Top Bottom