Josh's 24g nano build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting some hair algae now :/ ill scrub it off with a tooth brush and siphone it all out as i change my water
I will also wait till probly friday to actually put my firefish in the tank.

Also will it be an issue if i leave my lights off with hermits snails and a coral banded and some corals for a day or two till i do a water change?

Xenia is now three heads and one looks like its growing a new stock? Ill have pics up tomirow

Anyone gave any thoughts about scrubung off the hair algae with a toothbrush and siphoning it out whike i do my water change?

Got excited today to go get my firefish and do a water change to get rid of the dang hair algae but the lfs is closed today :( ah man have to wait another day

qb6fire said:
Anyone gave any thoughts about scrubung off the hair algae with a toothbrush and siphoning it out whike i do my water change?

Heya fella! I use a tooth brush just make sure it's a soft one though a childs one is best I use it both on my LR and corals! It works a treat! You might want to look at getting something to clear the algae in the first place????

qb6fire said:
Got excited today to go get my firefish and do a water change to get rid of the dang hair algae but the lfs is closed today :( ah man have to wait another day

That's very unlucky dude! Patience is a virtue though!

Scrub out hair algae water change filter media change then here come the fish

qb6fire said:

Sweet I wouldn't change all your media though will leave some of the good bacterias in the tank going to invest in an urchin to clear my algae I think??? Enjoy mate!!!

qb6fire said:

I wouldn't change all your media as it will remove your bacterias in there!!! Think I'm going to invest in an urchin for my hair algae???? Well enjoy mate!

Im just removing a deal of filter floss from the beginning of everything as its collected some stuff from my last water change and scraping of the algae

qb6fire said:
Im just removing a deal of filter floss from the beginning of everything as its collected some stuff from my last water change and scraping of the algae

Ahhhh that's ok then! So how did we do then??? Got your new fish???

Temp aclimating them right now then eill scrub algae then pwc then add the fish

qb6fire said:
Temp aclimating them right now then eill scrub algae then pwc then add the fish

Do you drip them or float the bag??? I was always told dripping was better??? Also was told temp isn't the issue for new fish? It's the change in water perimeters hence why it's better to drip!!! What did you go for in the end???

I temp aclimate then i drip haha and i got a regular and purple firefish :) and 4 snails for $40 woohoo

qb6fire said:
I temp aclimate then i drip haha and i got a regular and purple firefish :) and 4 snails for $40 woohoo

Lol I just drip for an hr or until I double the amount of water that comes with the fish! $40 that's not bad!! Just looking the conversion up to GBP lol!!! Hope they enjoy there new home???

Same here the firefish seem to be fine but the purple is a lil more stressed than the other is

Back
Top Bottom