just bought a reef light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it will work fine. i would change the bulbs immediately though. the bulbs they are sending are for plants.

that i know i have a thread in the eneral hardware about what ATI tube line up i should use

i've been thinking, 3 blue+ and a purple+

This is for sw? I would go with the 2 blue specials and 2 actinic. Looks great over my tank.

i kind of like the pinkish hue, my current T8 is a pinkish white and i like how it makes the coralline algae look. its also been said that the purple+ make the greens and reds of corals pop more

thats possible to but that may be to much purple, might drown out the blue. i wish google was yeilding better results. i did see 3 blue+ and an actinic but that was way to blue for my liking, all the yellow was blue and the fish had next to no color to them, then i saw the same tank with 2 blue+ 1 aquablue and 1 actinic and the aquablue made it look alot whiter.

i liked the way 2 blue+ 1 purple+ and 1 aqualblue looked, i had a nice pink hue but there was not enough blue so maybe if the tubes were true actinic rather then blue+ they would look more to my liking

Back
Top Bottom