Just Finished the tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcdrichj

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just got the tank finished cycled and fish in last night. Its so exciting! It has taken about a month since i got the tank. I have 5 yellow labs in there!
So here it is!!

image-958016718.jpg

Thanks!! I had a bunch of different setups to get here. Spent a bunch of money and when it came to the end... I used a few cobble stones an a hammer for free. Plants are doing good too... I will add 5 rustys and i should be good. Unless someone can tell me something that would be better.

Tank looks awesome! I would be worried about the plants though cichlids are not very plant friendly. How many gallons is it? I may be able to help with some stocking ideas.

Its a 40 breeder (36x18x16)... I have the idea to possibly upgrade my tank in a year... But for now thats it.

image-3460245573.jpg

Side profile. I was thinking of making another run of from the center (of the pile from the front) to the front glass and maybe try a 3 spices tank yellow labs 5 rustys 5 and yellow top 5. I haven decided on that yet but i know i will have at least one of the other 2.

What do you have for fish?

My 40b is just a plant nursery with some snails for now but my 55 is my mbuna tank I have kenyiis, fuellebornis, both I have 1m:3f. I also have 2 ebj, 1 rusty, 1 yellow lab, 1cobalt blue zebra, 1 albino red top, and 2 clown loaches. Oh yeah my wife surprised me with a dubosi so he is in there also. I plan on removing the uglier johanni and getting the prettier one some girlfriends. And then moving the loaches to a 125 peacock tank I'm planning for next year and then throwing some other cool looking mbunas in thre to take there place.

Back
Top Bottom