just found my first babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anikonslr

Aquarium Advice Regular
okay i just found that i have at least 4 baby cichlids in my tank that are about a 1/2" - 3/4" long. is there anything special that i should be doing to help the survive. this is the first time i have ever had baby cichlids. and actually have 2 more holding.
this is awsome :ROFLMAO:

Congrats! You could net them and move them to a grow out tank. If not, be sure they have hiding placed that are small enough to keep the big fish out. The fry I left in my main tank I would feed this way: I'd feed all my fish I the one side, then grab a pinch of flakes and crumble them. I'd keep the flakes pinched and lower my hand and try to drop the food right near their hiding place.

Congrats! You could net them and move them to a grow out tank. If not, be sure they have hiding placed that are small enough to keep the big fish out. The fry I left in my main tank I would feed this way: I'd feed all my fish I the one side, then grab a pinch of flakes and crumble them. I'd keep the flakes pinched and lower my hand and try to drop the food right near their hiding place.

i wouldn't even know how to attempt to catch them little things they are fast. thats a good idea with the flakes hadn't thought of that. will have to try that in a little while. thank you

No problem! I stacked some smaller and medium rocks I one corner so the fry could get back into the corner but none of the adults could and then I feed right into that corner.

Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom