Just setup my first 75 gal saltwater!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armyman16

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey after many months of searching in Craigslist for a tank I finally found one! Went and picked it up last week and just an hour ago got it all completely setup! Now I have to wait for the cycle to start and finish but once it is done what should I stock it with?
I've heard that adding an uncooked shrimp will start the cycle and I know how it all works but would adding a block of frozen mysis shrimp have the same effect? Thanks in advance!

Haha what fish do you like? fowler? Reef?

Btw, throw in some mysis cubes and just sit back and wait. Its so easy my mother could do it. Lol

Haha reef, an I definitely want a pair of clowns, and I'm not sure about all other fish yet! Haha maybe one of those gobies that sift through the sand!

My suggestion is to go to liveaquaria.com and check out their fish. They have care sheets and pics all together so can read up on them. Just keep in mind that alot of blennies, gobies, and the oh so famous mandarin dragonet eat pods so you shouldn't get them for about a year and even then they can deplete the pod population pretty quick unless you have a refugium.

Back
Top Bottom