Just wondering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Height isn't the important part, the length and depth would be. With that being said, a 2' deep tank would still go up to your armpit. I have a 2' deep 39gal column tank and its a pain to reach the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Height isn't the important part, the length and depth would be. With that being said, a 2' deep tank would still go up to your armpit. I have a 2' deep 39gal column tank and its a pain to reach the bottom

I think Mog meant due to their aggressive behavior combined with a nasty set of teeth!

I think Mog meant due to their aggressive behavior combined with a nasty set of teeth!

Oh yeah, no doubt. I figured that much was a given lol

I meant more along the lines that 2' is still plenty deep

I don't know why someone would want dovii over Caquetaia umbriferus anyways?

Because I'm OCD and it would bother me to have South American when everything else is Central. Even if they are Bad-A.

Is a salvini with meeki a bad combination?

Is a salvini with meeki a bad combination?

In my 2 experiences with salvini yes. I had a 4" salvini shred a carpintis that was almost twice his size. I see the meeki flaring at the salvini and the salvini destroying it. How ever there is a member on here (cant remember who ) That has one that is ok with other fish. The 2nd time I tried I had congo's in with it for dithers went fine for 3 months then one night all 12 either eaten or in pieces on the bottom of the tank

Wow. What tank mates can go in with a salvini? Or can you do a large tank of just salvinis?

Wow. What tank mates can go in with a salvini? Or can you do a large tank of just salvinis?

I can't really answer this because I rehomed both of them. I think they are awesome fish but just not for me. I would only try to keep a pair by them self if I ever do it again. If you really want to keep them I would start a new thread on them but make sure any advice you get is from personal experience and not just something being repeated by some one who had never kept them long term.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom