Kenyi/ maylandia lombardoi holding signs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sayanth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently found my fe kenyi not eating for 2 days.and always hiding.she is with a yellow male.i caught her and move to a hospital tank.she always got her mouth closed. Is she holding? Other signs than swell mouth .help.?is closed mouth a sign of holding?

She is probably holding don't be to worried when female african cichlids are holding they can go the whole time without eating til they spit the fry just keep an eye on her

African Cichlids are my drug

Good call on moving her for not eating for 3 weeks and make her weak and the other tank mates could end up bullying her

African Cichlids are my drug

Another sign of not eating and hiding is malawi bloat, keep an eye on her. Once the symptoms set in it's a short window before permanent damage is done for to the kidneys and liver.
This is a worse case scenario it is 100X more likely she is holding, but I just like to make people aware. There was one guy a while back that didn't understand what holding was, and confused the bloat for pregnancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

While on my computer, the 100x came out as a little yoda emoji lol

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom