Keyhole cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piranha

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to give an update on 5 Keyholes I bought along with 2 Tomaseii cichlids. I recommend keyholes for anyone looking for dwarf cichlids. They're interesting to watch-very active,get along really well with one another, live long lives(5-8) years and don't tear up your live plants. I was told the Tomaseii were South American by the salesperson and found out after research, they're African. They are getting along with the Keyholes and their recommended water requirements are about the same.

Good to hear. The 2 keyholes I bought from the same LFS are doing great, too. I highly recommend them. The 2 Uarus I bought are also doing great. Good luck with the new additions!

degbowl Did you get them at Tropical Showcase? Great store. Mine seem to love Tetra cichlid flakes. They didn't take too well to frozen brine shrimp. What do you feed yours?

I got them at Tropical Showcase. Mine eat anything. I feed them Nutrafin flakes frozen beef heart plus, live black worms, freeze dried krill. I try to give them a variety of food. The Uaru's are doing great, too. They are starting to get bigger. They stay together all the time just like the keyholes. I like Aquarium Adventure better than Tropical Showcase, but both of them are very good stores.

Tropical Showcase
372 E Old Country Rd
Hicksville, NY 11801-4249 View Map
(516) 433-0988

Aquarium Adventure LLC
177 Glen Cove Rd
Carle Pl, NY 11514-1236 View Map

Aquarium Adventure is a great place.

Back
Top Bottom