Khuli Loach one of my favs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After weeks of never seeing any kuhlis I hit the mother load tonight.. I am officially in on the kuhlis are cool !
They are acclimating now and will go in my planted 29 until the real tank for them is set up. I think in the long run they will be the perfect companions for the hatchet fish?? You know top /bottom ???:confused:
I got them still in shipping bag metal banded from supplier [perfect timing is no accident after 30+ years]..The guy at my LFS was relieved to know he wasn't going to have them catch them all weekend long 1 at a time..
He said there was 20 in the bag...
Here they are in the bag;
mnMzJc8l.jpg

GiLsAXYl.jpg

RTAu6iyl.jpg

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Khulis are awesome! They're my wife's favorite. It was difficult catching mine when I switched substrate/tanks the other day. There was more of them than I thought...lol They seem happier in sand, it was a good move. I'll have to get some new pics of some of my khulis soon.

Coralbandit you scored! Now I just need to turn you into a crazy snail lady. Lol

Smallfry53 catching Khuli’s can be a chore. But if you channel your inner Khuli it helps to anticipate where they are going to dart.

Coralbandit you scored! Now I just need to turn you into a crazy snail lady. Lol

I am a crazy something !
I have some nice rams horns in a couple tanks..I think they actually came in with fish, like the fish had eggs in them that they voided and hatched ? Can that even happen? :confused:
The fish they would have come with [2 different sources] would definitely be snail / egg eaters IMO .
:thanks:
I feel like I added a party to my tank appropriately enough ! :angel:

CB Ramshorns eggs can be hard to spot. I don’t think they can survive passage via fish but nothing surprises me anymore.

Barliman think “Where’s Waldo”.

I've been amazed the difference in behavior since switching to sand from the small round gravel. The khulis are so much more active. I am seeing them regularly throughout the day, where I would only see them once in a while before. I've yet to see them burrow in the sand though....

Hmmm... I thought they did. I guess I was mistaken. I do have a big thick crypt plant (can't remember which one) that they love to hang out in.

Hmmm... I thought they did. I guess I was mistaken. I do have a big thick crypt plant (can't remember which one) that they love to hang out in.

In 2016 I had glass jellybean substrate. Back at the beginning of this thread. They would dive into it. I think the small open gaps between the beans would challenge them to wiggle in.

PWC today and just rolling along. IMG_2987.jpg

Khuli in the grass. IMG_2990.jpg

Khuli on the grass. IMG_2993.jpg

Voguing. IMG_2996.jpg

CB you really got a great group there, I would love to watch a group that large!!!
Thanks !
I hope to get good video or pics of them..Part of my enjoyment..
I am waiting for them to settle in and explore during daylight..
I fear I may never get pics like T ...Her kuhlis seem as trained as her squirrel !
I try to train my fish ,so maybe these guys will come out more.
For now they are spread among the jungle but I have not found even one dead one so....(y)

They with no history to me are as fun as my clown loaches already !
Maybe it is just similar coloring but they are a great fish to have in mass also !
I am thinking these will be great fish for me to watch over time...

PWC today. Lots of snails hatching and getting munched. My Dwarf rainbows have totally figured out they are tiny tasty snails as the hatch. I moved 4 of my adults to the nursery tank so I can get some egg clutches in there that will survive. Starting to move the Neons out of the nursery and to this tank. Moved 6 of the 20 today and will catch more tomorrow. IMG_3216.jpg

Back
Top Bottom