know anything about this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
Petco has a fish called a banded panchex, i have never seen or heard of this b4, and as far as i could tell neither had the girl at petco 8O big suprise there :roll:

does anyone know anything about this fish>

All I could find is it is some sort of killifish, no reference to the banded panchex at all. Panchex alone, yes. What does it look like?

Thats a pretty fish! if its like other killifish it shouldn't be hard to maintain.. my golden wonder kili ate anything small enough to fit in its mouth.. peacefull my ass.. LOL. But it lived until i sold it back.

ummm.. all omnivoris or carnivorus fish will eat any fish that will fit into its mouth.. its perfectly normal behavior..

Killifish are gorgeous! Not hard to keep at all. My suggestions from personal experience are:

1. No small fish like neons
2. No small-ish fish with longer fins - my killifish beat up my long-finned danios tails, but did not nip at their bodies.
3. They spend most of their time at the surface, so the surface should not be crowded with other surface dwellers.
4. Keep them fed well with a variety of foods like shrimp, krill, live foods, frozen foods.

Back
Top Bottom