Kribensis Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lcars

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone! I am here to ask all you guys out there a question on the Kribensis Cichlid. I am wondering if I have to keep a pair of them so they can be happy. I have a young male in a new 29 gallon tank and was wondering if I should get a female (did I just ask that twice;)). Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome!! As a keeper of kribs i have found that they are very resilliant fish no matter the conditions. I started with two and they bred almost a week after i got them. IF you keep a male/female pair they will most likely breed about once every two months IME, but i also put one male krib in with my community tank and he does just fine. I attempted to put a female in with my community tank which includes rams and that didnt go so well on account of territorial issues, but all in all they will do fine whether single or paired, but if you do pair them expect fry and a lot of it. I use it as store trade. Good luck

ps. mine are in a 29gal too

Back
Top Bottom