Kribensis Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evenningstar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Was thinking about starting a 55 gal Kribensis tank. Any thoughts? Is this a good idea and how many could I stock in it?

Is that going to be the only stock? If so it seems like a huge waste of tank. I had a breeding pair in a 20L and they barely used it all.

I would think two to three pairs max.

I didn't think you could put many in... What would be a good recomendation to put in their with the 3 pair? We want pretty colorful fish if possible. Was also thinking some small fish schools.

It's all going to depend on the tankscape. three pair may be pushing it. If you plan the tank with caves and plants at each end leaving the swimming spaces in the center area. The more likely your pairs will avoid each other. Things may be more dicey when they are breeding. As for other stock. I think you would be better off under stocking the tank. Choose fish that aren't bottom dwellers and faster moving. Medium tetras or barbs. Danios would also work I think.

Back
Top Bottom