Labs breeding!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont get it why is she killing her babies huh?
and im sorry about u losing some fry, at least uv got these gorgeous little sweeties :)

thats awesome! cant wait for mine... has your feeding increased as well as your PWC's? as i read it should feeding x4 and PWC's x2 (almost)

I feed them twice a day threwout the evning between feedings they pick up what they miss nd eat it. Less waistful nd then feed again when i get home from school

got home from work today and there was one single fry, and a momma with a full mouth still, perhaps it fell out??? cause like ive stated before shes really full and cant really shut her mouth...

OsciTheOscar said:
And that ones dead already... Maybe too early?

Aww I'm sorry. How long has she been holding? I strip my yellow labs at 21 days and I've never had one die.

its been 20 days since i noticed she was holding, i was told its good to let her spit her first time... is this true?

OsciTheOscar said:
its been 20 days since i noticed she was holding, i was told its good to let her spit her first time... is this true?

I strip mine at 21 days.

You could strip her. Its really wether you want to strip her everytime shes holding...

yes, so that they dont fear holding cos they know they will be stripped. no, so u can keep the babies. win/lose situation. and id leave it at least another 3-5 days xx

there was another dead one when i woke up this morning... is she killing them or are they already dead... should i suck it up and just strip her now before more die?

I stripped my fuelleborni when she was holding but It's a case to case basis. If they hold to long you have to start worrying about the health of the mother.

I think its gettin to that point... Ill give it a few more days, i just dont want any other dead including the female

Maybe the fry are starving to death? I believe the have a limited supply of nutrients. id seriously think about stripping her.

That's what was happening to mine. The mom had been stressed and wasn't going to spit them, so as the fry were growing there was less and less room/nutrients like you said.

Back
Top Bottom