Labs breeding!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mine were let out of their cage into a grow out, i only dared to put them in with the adults when they hit about 1in, tiny bit less. even then, i lost a couple before they figured out adults = danger.
when would you chance it? x

My lab fry would jump out of the breeder box, it was like they wanted to be eaten lol. I set up a ten gallon for them and they grew way faster in there. Once they got to be 3/4-1 inch they went in the main tank and all was well.

I put them in when they are no longer bite size for the largest fish in the tank. As the main fish grow the babies have to be bigger before adding them.

heres a question - why always the head???
iv got auratus fry in the main tank big enough to not get eaten by the biggest fish, but whenever i find a dead one (about 1 or 2 a week) it has no head, everything else intact. is this a territory or hunger thing? i feed all of them loads!

That's weird. I've never had that happen before. I just let my last batch of fry go in the tank as soon as they could eat the tiny pellets I feed everyone and all but 6 survived. And actually the one that escaped into the tank before I stripped the fry from the female is the biggest one I have.

Not exactly sure why the head would be gone but I have noticed that when fish eat fish they always take an end, typically the tail, but this was experience from fishing. It would immobilize or slow down the prey. Maybe you have fish zombies and all they want are BRAINS. Lol I watch to much walking dead.

haha! maybe too much zombie films there?
i dunno, i suppose i could have a specialized 'zombie' gene variant!

how are the labs doing?? x

My labs just got to explore the big tank yesterday like they were on a playground it was soooooo cute!

No i gave my adults away to my teacher he loves them :) and yea i gonna give the labs away or something....

Week 2 labs.... I know its not a great pic but they have gotten bigger!!! Finally not really see through...

Attachments

• image-4130439020.jpg
    image-4130439020.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom