Last Min Firebellied newt/toad Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pictuslover23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright so I've gotten bored of my kribs( and my friend has been wanting a pair for ages). So I have decided to convert their tank to a fbn/fbt tank. I currently have a aquaclear 30 on the tank and plan on using it for the new enclosure. Has anyone ever made an extension for the intake? If so how? Also I have a question on diet. How varied should it be? I know about dusting their food with calcium powder, and I have access to copious amounts I bloodworms. But I'm kind of nervous about feeding them crickets as, honestly they scare the heck out of me. What are good alternatives?? Lastly, for stock I was thinking about three newts and three toads. Also some rams horns snails and feeder guppies ( I know that they'll probably get eaten from time to time, that's fine with me.) Sorry for the long windedness, I just would like to make sure I've got everything covered. Any other tips and advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!!

I like half water half land with plenty of shallow bank areas as these seem to be where my Fbt spend their day. I have had success with feeding crickets and other small bugs. Idk about bloodworms. They do need movement to recognize food. Do filter ur water area. Idk about making that hob pull from so far. Seems it may burn up motor. Idk. A duetto Wrks nicely and is reasonable... And it is fun to wrk w repto filters to create water falls. I used tiki men for mine. I have heard and will try very soon that certain meal worms to wrk. So bw may...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120121_084106.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120121_084106.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 91
  • ForumRunner_20120121_084151.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120121_084151.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 79
Wats ur tank size BTW. And use a screen cover. They are sneaky and benefit from the airflow.

Back
Top Bottom