Lei trigger fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigbrother

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just picked up a Lei trigger he's about 2 inches long very fat an healthy my tanks been empty for about 2 months cause of ick but getting fish slowly just wanted to kno about what to feed this little guy an how often since las time all my fish had ick my nitrates were thru the roof but now all my levels are stable need advice thanx

Table shrimp,scallops,trigger formula ,squid and krill..
It is in the Rhinecanthus/ Balistidae family and will become quite aggressive ..May even end up attacking any fish you attempt now..Seeing as how he is the first one in the tank ,he's going to take ownership of it very quickly ..
What size tank do you have him in?

He's is in a 36 gallon bow front with 25 pounds of love rock for now he also bites at the rock an some white cloud comes out of his body maybe just markin he's territory u think ??

He's is in a 36 gallon bow front with 25 pounds of love rock for now he also bites at the rock an some white cloud comes out of his body maybe just markin he's territory u think ??
Its just dust from the rocks he's biting..Its normal for triggers to do this..

I know this wasn't your question ,but the current set-up (tank size) is not adequate for any trigger...It would be my advise to take it back

Ima gana put him in a 75 gallon set up in like 3 weeks just waiting on my 75 gallon to cycle the 36 gallon is only a temp the guy at the pet store told me it was ok since he's still a little guy a 36 gallo. Would do ok for a Lil while

Yeah he'll be ok for 3 weeks in there ..
He won't be ok in a 75 for life though,a year or 2 probably ,but these fish grow ..
All triggers ,like tangs need a 125 + ..

Yea i kno my 75 will do for a while till I upgrade to a 210 hopefully in the next 1 o so also do these guys get along with a Niger trigger about the size ??

Hard to say for sure ,but2 triggers in a 75 i would not do ..I would wait till you upgrade before attempting 2 triggers ..

Ok thanx for the advice I'm goin to keep the Lei by himself see how big he gets

This Mornin hes acting wierd what looked like he was rubbin he's neck ikno he doesn't have neck but u kno

This Mornin hes acting wierd what looked like he was rubbin he's neck ikno he doesn't have neck but u kno
Its called "flashing" ,,he is itchy ,,probably has ick..

Sounds like you just dealt with it..Why didn't you QT him?

My tank has been empty for 2 months all ick would have died he's not doing it anymore now but he's not rubbing he's body like crazy just kinda rubbed he's mouth

My tank has been empty for 2 months all ick would have died he's not doing it anymore now but he's not rubbing he's body like crazy just kinda rubbed he's mouth
This doesn't mean he didn't have ick already...In most cases fish from an LFS do have it,,this is why QTing all fish is best ..
i hope it isn't ick ,but not sure why else he would be rubbing

I checked him for any white spots web I go home from work don't see any yet an seems to have stopped rubbing on himself also fed him still eats fine an quiet a bit to not over feeding though just enough

Back
Top Bottom