let's see those 180 gallon cichlid setups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrew McFadden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just trying to see what all I can improve on. If anyone has this size tank for cichlids. I'll start but its not the best of a full tank shot and its kinda old but ill re post a better one later when the lights come on.

View attachment 101936

Last edited:
Very nice do you have a YouTube vid of it would be nice to see it in motion but so far nice I would add some tall to med plants in it to make it pop

I'd say nothing honestly. Maybe I ya wanted get yourself some nice API bulbs? Just throwing it out there. I have a purple plus a special blue and 2 daylight. But seriously I wish I had your tank!

I know... I know... We go back and forth lol.

ghostking010 said:
Very nice do you have a YouTube vid of it would be nice to see it in motion but so far nice I would add some tall to med plants in it to make it pop

Tryed the plant thing fake and real didn't work out so well. I post my you tube in a min. But tanks man

Convict2161 said:
I'd say nothing honestly. Maybe I ya wanted get yourself some nice API bulbs? Just throwing it out there. I have a purple plus a special blue and 2 daylight. But seriously I wish I had your tank!

I know... I know... We go back and forth lol.

Lights I was thinking about changing them. But I need to figure something out on how to get my electric bill down. Between the tank and pond my bill has gone up about $150. Your lights and fish are amazing by the way lol

Led will save you lots on ur bill that's what I'm using my.bill with all comes in $45.00 and my light is on all day every day and off at night

Amazing tank !!!! Andy ANd I have to ask what kind of rocks are those ??

Amazing tank !!!! Andy ANd I have to ask what kind of rocks are those ??

Well in those pictures the rocks on the right I made. The rocks on the left side are not there anymore due to you lol. I never could figure that side out on what to do with it. I have been beating myself up with not taking the 3d background all the way around. It was at first designed to look like a mountain on the right side and free swimming on the other but I couldn't deal with the emptyness. So it has changed many times. Sooo once again ill say thanks to your pictures ive decided to build something else. As of now I'm thinking and been working on drawlings. Today I came up with making another 3D background but to make it look like a seperate mountain on that side with a big cave that the top goes across the top of the water. So that means ill be re doing the turtles basking spot on top of the part that goes across the water. Witch I like the idea because now the way the turtle gets out will look more natural and not just a ramp that looks out of place.

I think when I get it all done I'm going to start a new thread for 75-200 gallon tanks. Anything smaller then that I think is nano lol and anything bigger is just huge lol so to be fair I think this would be a good group. What do you think?

Andrew McFadden said:
This is some of the better shots

Truly amazing tank, no matter how many times I see it, I still amaze at how pretty and natural the tank is.

Well I'm thinking bout putting in a 200 gallon my self haha !!!!

But I do love your tank I was sp fooled I thought that was real rock not a 3s background !!! That's awesome !!!!!!! Never seen anything that good before

Italy592 said:
But I do love your tank I was sp fooled I thought that was real rock not a 3s background !!! That's awesome !!!!!!! Never seen anything that good before

Tanks
It means a lot coming from you after seeing your pics. The fake rocks and the real ones do blend very well. Hope the other side turns out this well too.

Yeah you have to email me with your process of the 3d background hahaha

Back
Top Bottom