levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. Zero is the only acceptable level.

Ammonia test kits can go bad after a year so keep an eye out for that.

My son's tank is registering .25 for ammonia, his corals are all doing very well, no fish in tank right now. Should he do anything to get it lower right now.
I can't wait until I get my home computer fixed so he can go on line and do this himself.

nitch said:
My son's tank is registering .25 for ammonia, his corals are all doing very well, no fish in tank right now.

If the coral are fine and there are no fish then I suspect your Ammonia test is defective. I would suggest a second opinion. Either have a store test it or get a different brand of ammonia test.

how long has the tank been up? Did it cycle completely first? I dont see how ammonia could be present and you have corals. Unless you added them before the cycle was over.

My guess is that its a Red Sea Test kit.. My kit always said that I had .25 ammonia and still does.. If it is a redsea kit ditch it and switch to Salifert more expensive but lasts longer and definetly worth the expense considering what some of us have in our tanks..

James

This is my son's tank and I am relaying info second hand until I get my home computer back up and running.

The tank has only been without fish for 1 week, the Ick attacked and he lost several fish and removed his last two to a QT a week ago. Since then the corals seem to be doing great but he got the reading on the ammonia yesterday.
Several of the fish died within the last two weeks in that tank, could that be still causing problems?

Back
Top Bottom