Life Hacks - Tips and Tricks to Make Fishkeeping Easier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A kitchen tap that mixes hot and cold water rather than having seperate hot and cold water taps. You can then get water straight from the tap at your aquarium temperature.

fVFecsy.jpeg

When you do a water change, unscrew the aerator, attach a hose connecter, connect your hose, fill your tank. Afterwards remove the hose and connector and replace the aerator.

Honestly cant imagine how awkward it must be to try and mix water from seperate hot and cold taps into buckets. Or having to leave cold water to stand in containers until it gets to room temperature. Some people have spare tanks and heaters to bring water up to their aquarium temperature. Honestly think i wouldn't bother with the hobby without a mixer tap.

Tap mixer or mixer tap is a tap with one handle and you can have hot, cold or warm water. If you have 2 taps on the sink, then turn the hot and cold on to get warm water in cold weather. You can also use a kettle to boil some water and add that to a bucket of cold tap water to warm it up a bit.

A kitchen tap that mixes hot and cold water rather than having seperate hot and cold water taps. You can then get water straight from the tap at your aquarium temperature.

fVFecsy.jpeg

When you do a water change, unscrew the aerator, attach a hose connecter, connect your hose, fill your tank. Afterwards remove the hose and connector and replace the aerator.

Honestly cant imagine how awkward it must be to try and mix water from seperate hot and cold taps into buckets. Or having to leave cold water to stand in containers until it gets to room temperature. Some people have spare tanks and heaters to bring water up to their aquarium temperature. Honestly think i wouldn't bother with the hobby without a mixer tap.

ohh i see what you mean now, thanks so much. Yes i have a mixer tap, i just don't have a python so i just fill buckets of water up and take them to my tanks.

ohh i see what you mean now, thanks so much. Yes i have a mixer tap, i just don't have a python so i just fill buckets of water up and take them to my tanks.
You dont need a python. If your mixer tap is compatible with a hose connector you can just refill with a hose. Just make sure its a potable water hose and not a garden hose.

When testing water w/API test kit I like to place test tube over color code & under light to get reading. The color that disappears or closest to it is my reading. Pic shows 5.0ppm nitrates.Screenshot_20230208-185809.jpg

Back
Top Bottom