lighting for 33long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ctlongreef33

Aquarium Advice Newbie
the tank is half as tall as a 55. anyone with suggestions for this size tank? currently there are two seperate 48" flourescent bulbs, one actinic and one 20000k flourescent. To compact or not to compact, that is the question

Well you have three options and none of them are useing the normal florecent bulbs you have.

You could do two or three VHO bulbs, you could go with a pair of 96W PC florecents or if your really serious about wanting some HIGH light demand corals then you could shoot for a pair of MH 175W and a single NO or VHO actinic.

I'd have to agree. I'm using PC's on several 20 longs, which are about the same depth as your 33, with great success. I doubt that my homemade fixtures are as good as the CSL units. I like the looks of them and I'm probably going to put one on my little reef in the bedroom soon. You can check with www.championlighting.com or www.captivereefs.com for those fixtures...I believe Captive Reefs has them on sale. You can also check with www.ahsupply.com for DIY retro PC's.

Back
Top Bottom