lighting help plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richpowell1989

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi I am a bit confused I have 3 tanks but a bit confused with one of the lighting it is a 28 us gallon/ 22 UK gallon tank at the moment it has 2 39 watt t5 bulbs on it n I was told it was way to much light n was told jus to keep 1 bulb in but it then puts me in only 1.5 wpg range what do I do? thanks rich

I'm not sure why that's too much lighting either, I have 2 39W T5HO bulbs and the plants are growing a lot faster now ever since I replaced my old bulbs.

I didn't think it was either but a lot of people are sayin it is way to much

I don't think that it's too much. I have a ten gallon(US) with a 6500K 39 watt compact flourescent(custom setup), and a F15T8 10000K, running for 12 hours a day(2-6 hour intervals), and my plants and fish are doing fine.

No, it's not too much light... but 1 bulb will grow anything you want. both bulbs will just make things difficult, especially if you're not dosing ferts and injecting co2. I think you're best off running 1 bulb.

mfdrookie516 said:
No, it's not too much light... but 1 bulb will grow anything you want. both bulbs will just make things difficult, especially if you're not dosing ferts and injecting co2. I think you're best off running 1 bulb.

Just curious Jonathan, Why do you think that 2 bulbs will make it more difficult?

jetajockey said:
More light means more demand for ferts and co2. Check the PAR charts, can't believe people are still throwing around WPG.

The consequences for not meeting said demands is algae.

I don't have a problem wit algae n never have even when I was using the same setup without c02 n no ferts but I am dosin c02 n am using root tabs now

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom