lighting project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Kinda a project kinda not I guess yall be the judge. I want to do something about lightingbin my 25 tall. I ak considering a couple of options but need some serious advice.
Option 1) stick with my t5 add a moonlight and a timer to control both lights. The timer will have to be able to set 2 different photoperiod (530am -6 am and 6pm to 12 pm for daylights) preferably customizable for different days of he week. What I need from yall is what type of moonlight and timer will work.

Option 2) buy current usa sattellite led plus and then add a timer to it that can do the same as above (possibly could live without the moonlights on a timer)

I am only growing anubias so light doesnt need to be extreme. I assume the leds would work.

Thanks for any help and God bless!

Last edited:
you gan get the moonlights from these guys - DiGiKits.com-Electronic Components,LED Moonlight, LED Lighting,PCB Services DiGiKits - Digikits Inc.

then go to home depot and get light timers for about $5 bucks each - http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-24-Hour-Plug-In-Basic-Timer-15119/100685881
they are mechanical and you can put when you want them on or off. you would need 2 of them one for your lights and one for the moonlights.

Very cool! Thanks! As far as the moknlights. Those are just standard leds right?

yes they are just blue led to simulate moon lighting...

yes they are just blue led to simulate moon lighting...

Cool. Thanks! If I went with option 2 what could I do about timers? Just trying to cover everything.

i have no idea how that light fixture works..it looks like via remote control so i cant say.....:(

Thanks! 119 is a bit steep but we will see what happens!

Back
Top Bottom