Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes you would need 3 fixtures, hanging them around 6 to 12" above water level. However your tank is not that wide, you might be able to get away with closer to the water level.

As for Tommy, the 48" LED I carry does come with the stand bracket, I thought I mentioned it to you already. I can do free shipping and has the fixture send to your directly from supplier.

Yes you did mention that already - I love your design I just need something a little more affordable for my pocket that's all. Nothing against your brand or anything what so ever. When I commented above it was towards the led fixtures off e-bay about mounting them. That's all. I have shown many friends and family members your units so hopefully have some business coming your way.

Yes you would need 3 fixtures, hanging them around 6 to 12" above water level. However your tank is not that wide, you might be able to get away with closer to the water level.

Thanks for the input :D im looking into buying a few of these with worst case they end up being used for the fuge.

Thanks Tommy,

and don't think any of these are good for fuge, you should look for something 5500K to 8000K as your fuge light

Thanks Tommy,

and don't think any of these are good for fuge, you should look for something 5500K to 8000K as your fuge light

I should mention my sump is only 1 foot shorter than my main display and has a fuge section and frag section in it. I just say fuge since its easier than saying Sump/Fuge/Frag Tank

well I only make my comment on fuge part as the LED fixtures for our coral are not really good for macro algae cheers =p

So less than a week in and still running the lights at 50%. I've ha to move some coral lower because they were getting too much light but others are loving it. I have one little sps acro frag that has turned from brown to purple and has started growing after months of just sitting there. Its hard to dial in the color. The full spectrum lights have a lot of red so getting the blue right is tricky but i like hoe its set now.

Update on my ReefBuilders order-
He assured me that he would send out my fixture on Monday. last night I texted him asking if there was a tracking number. No answer.
Today I texted him again, and he responded "check your paypal". When I got home from work I signed in and I see a tracking number for a 7 pound package, marked "generated" today.
Not shipped, but generated.

...Looks like a review and PAR numbers on this fixture is going to be postponed another few days...

I shall be waiting on it mr_X as I am holding off with a purchase of these until i find more reviews and real #'s on them.

My fixture came in today, as Ct and Pa are in the same zone, and most UPS ground items get there over night.
It's identical to mine except it has some different colored LEDs. The PAR is the same, and Quite frankly, I don't like the pinkish hue it puts off. Logan from Reef Breeders told me that he was going to send me a fixture with optics. This fixture doesn't have optics.
I just texted him and no answer back.

well, i knid of holding myself back on not making any comment about how reef breeder doing business, but up to this moment, I don't think it was going all that well for Mr_X

Do you think the pink is from the 2 red leds? Ive notice it too and was thinking about trying to block them or something. Its not a big deal but my foxface looks weird under it...lol

I have a pinkish hue when my tank is powering up in the morning as one of the colors it starts up with is red. It def gives the tank an odd look, but being able to watch it and the sunrise effect off the radions is really cool. In the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't like the red being there all the time.

Today I got a text stating he is shipping out the optics at no charge. I'll have to install them.
Yes, I think the pinkish hue is because of the red LEDs. Some say you need the reds so that you can see the red corals better. I believe this to be the opposite. if the whole tank is red, the red corals sort of blend in. It also appears that the old blue/white fixtures put out a much crisper light. the water even looks clearer under them.
I'll take new PAR reading after I install the 90 degree optics, but so far, I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about the green and red LEDs.

So you in your opinion then Mr.X you think the older White/Blue combo is better looking than the new "Full Spectrum" ones?

Would be able to post some photos comparing both by chance? One with the full spec one with the white/blue combo. Im about to purchase im just not sure which i want :p and im starting to lean more for white/blue combo.

I had them when I first started looked kind of neat
but once I added corals they drowned out the colors in corals so I removed them

img_2290457_0_9e7d419c18924bbf42b6974c92664121.jpg

img_2290457_1_04777a7680b743eecddb236eb930c7a4.jpg

don't waist your money(y)

What did you have? These identical fixtures? That doesn't look like the light emitted from the one I purchased.

Ok, I tried taking pictures but they aren't coming out right. I also took a video. I think you can somewhat make out what I mean. Take a look-

those were the cheap full spectrum leds
I just didn't like the way they drown out corals
so I went with HO ultra blue leds looks so much better

First is just T-5s 10k daylights and 460 blue actnics

second is the same except I also have the HO ultra blue leds

you can really see the difference (y)

Attachments

• latest 011.jpg
    latest 011.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 205
  • latest 014.jpg
    latest 014.jpg