Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
make sure you dim them please. don't want others to exp wat I been thru when I first switch to LED

How much? Ive got them at 50%

6 fans are almost silent! My hob skimmers bubbles are louder than all the fans so i dont even notice them...

few pics, i'm really impressed. again, the pics don't show the true color, SO much nicer than the T5s i had...

Attachments

• 10 January 11 2013 189.jpg
    10 January 11 2013 189.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 10 January 11 2013 192.jpg
    10 January 11 2013 192.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 10 January 11 2013 191.jpg
    10 January 11 2013 191.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 10 January 11 2013 193.jpg
    10 January 11 2013 193.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 192
I think im rescaping soon and making one side like a mountain that will only have sps coral while the other side and sand have the lps and softies...

my package went back in time lol almost here.

9:40 amArrived at FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN
6:49 amDeparted FedEx location

GUANGZHOU CN
12:43 amDeparted FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK
12:40 amIn transit

GUANGZHOU CN

I emailed Logan from reefbreeders. He said the value fixtures would be fine on the glass, but he recommends sitting them up 3 inches for good spread of light with 120 degree optics.
I cant hang them because they cant be hung from the ceiling (not my house) and there is not room on the stand for hanging brackets.

Any suggestions? Maybe I could glue four "legs" on each fixture?

If you can get behind your tank at all then you could build some framework coming up and over the top of the tank to hang from there.

Yes. These particular fixtures have 3 fans on the top that pull air in. You will need an inch or so between the top of the fixture and the canopy. The air is exhausted on the sides of the fixture, so that will need to be clear as well.

So glad I found this thread today I have been looking for LED fixtures which wont destroy my bank account.

I myself am looking to light a 72x20x20 tank anyone have a suggestion for how many fixtures I should be looking at and how high I should be planning on having them.

From what I can gather is should be going for 3 fixtures about 12" up?

Also when people are ordering off ebay who has anyone used and how was the experiance I find there are normally between 4-8 different sellers on a given day selling what looks to be almost the exact same fixtures.

I just received my "AQUA" brand Leds drim ebay. The entire thing took a week feom order to delivery. On ebay the seller is from the US but the lights actually came from hong kong. The service was fast and the lights arrived in one peice. The fans are silent. My biocube fans are way noisier. The units are surprisingly heavy. The 2 hun together are probably 3 time heavier than my T5s i had before. At 40% they appear brighter than my 4 bulb t5 unit. My livingroom is lit up and you can see my lights from a bock away through the window..lol

^^ **** thats pretty heavy. I'm interested in picking these up i'm just unsure of how to mount them above my tank since I can't drill into my ceiling.

So glad I found this thread today I have been looking for LED fixtures which wont destroy my bank account.

I myself am looking to light a 72x20x20 tank anyone have a suggestion for how many fixtures I should be looking at and how high I should be planning on having them.

From what I can gather is should be going for 3 fixtures about 12" up?

Also when people are ordering off ebay who has anyone used and how was the experiance I find there are normally between 4-8 different sellers on a given day selling what looks to be almost the exact same fixtures.

Yes you would need 3 fixtures, hanging them around 6 to 12" above water level. However your tank is not that wide, you might be able to get away with closer to the water level.

As for Tommy, the 48" LED I carry does come with the stand bracket, I thought I mentioned it to you already. I can do free shipping and has the fixture send to your directly from supplier.

Back
Top Bottom