Lobelia cardinalis, personal experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoeplein

Aquarium Advice Addict
What luck have you folks had with this plant? The submerged form doesn't appear to be anywhere near as awesome as its partially submerged with its red blossoms... Hoping I can at least get some purple leaf growth if conditions are right.

Just got a TopFin packet of it, will post a pic later once it's planted/mounted. Speaking of, can this be mounted on driftwood/rocks, or should it really be planted in the ground?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd keep it in the substrate, although you could try it attached to something to see, I've never tried it. I have several of these outside right now and just propagated some yesterday as they were growing really tall. You are right, the submersed form doesn't look nearly as good as the emersed form. I don't know if they'll take on that purple or not, but I'll try some in one of my high tech setups just for kicks.

It's growing like crazy! Main bunch of them has a few that have grown over an inch in the last couple weeks! Seems pretty hardy!

The one on the left kept getting uprooted, but you can see how the one on the right is nearly doubled in height. The other three patches have one or two sprouting above the rest but they're all growing quite well.

Attachments

• 1402972419463.jpg
    1402972419463.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom