Logic and logistics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rearranged some stuff in the sump today, got it so the heater will always stay submerged. Took out most of the bio balls, put a few in a media bag and then put in another bag of lava rock. Then I cut out a semicircle on the lid so it would stop interfering with the return hose. Did a water change while I was at it. About to the point of thinking about stocking, though right now the red ramshorns are multiplying like nuts so there’s always something to watch at least :)

Don't know how everyone gets oodles of snails and I barely get any!

P28TXEX.jpg

Ok seriously, the nitrate test is worthless. What’s the difference between 10 and 20 on the card? Between 40 and 80 on the card? Is my test tube orange or red? I could see this being anywhere between 10 and 80! :mad:

I hold the vial in front of me with a white background and same lighting every time.
I then guess which shade it is and use that as a reference for future test ! A little lighter ,a little darker ?
I know many have issues trying to be over accurate so I just say do it the same every time in the same place with same light...
Looking through it I would guess you a 20.

It’s really frustrating that it’s so hard to tell the difference even just between the colors on the card.

In other news, a brand new aqueon pro heater appeared on the front step today, so that’s nice!

e9YKiO7Krvero86USsZS6U7jMFVx8htJr77z32R4U28.jpg

Imgur is being weird this morning so I'm not sure if the picture will appear or not, but the sensitive plant is going nuts right now. It lost a few stems and leaves at the beginning but now it's putting out a new one every other day or so!
e9YKiO7Krvero86USsZS6U7jMFVx8htJr77z32R4U28.jpg

It might! The thing that is really worrying is the wisteria, though! I think once some of the other plants get going a bit better, the wisteria in here is destined for the compost pile :)

Obviously not the only one there; look at the snail poo

Ha! Yeah! They’re all over the place. Right now it’s just a Snail tank. I want to order some shrimp but thanksgiving week for us is Capital K Krazy (having my and my wife’s family in town is nice in some ways and complicated in others!) and the likelihood of anyone being home to answer the doorbell is nil. Then I’m worried if I order any livestock next week it’ll get lost in the post-Black Friday madness, so we’ll see how brave I am in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom