Looking to start over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not yet no. People talk about painting their tank but I don't know if I want to do that. I may just buy a black background, but again I'm not sure

I just stumbled upon this thread tonight. What a stunning transformation. Your tank is beautiful. On the black background I hear you. I have one sitting here I haven't installed yet.

Some ideas for the background are window glass frost film, looks very nice against black sand. Also at hardware stores they have metal screens with different designs in the metal and there are cool looking plastic panels /ceiling tiles and lots of other interesting stuff. Sea grass /bamboo mats, burlap and other fabric.

looking great, nice changes!

So... I started over, again. This is where I'm sitting now. Let me know what you think

Sent from my LG-E971 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1400152345610.jpg
    1400152345610.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 118
I can't understand why my tank keeps cycling
I started making my own filter cartridge maybe not enough charcoal in them
I'm stuck I been doing 30 to 40% WC daily not working
it'd cloudy white looks like fog.

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When I started up my 75gal the water was cloudy for almost 2wks. I added all my fish in the beginning with the water from my 29gal. I used 3/4 a bottle of clarifying agent. Then I let my filter do all the work, its a 110gal. Let your filter do all the work. How long as it be cloudy?

Kelly 274 its been cloudy for about 3 wks . does the carbon in the filter cart. have anything to do with it

Love it! Glad you are doing so well. So good to see your progress!

It's been a while. While I'm here, here's a pic of mine. I'm doing a lot of replanting and am gathering parts for my DIY CO2.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 99
Kelly 274 its been cloudy for about 3 wks . does the carbon in the filter cart. have anything to do with it

Have you taken everything out of the filter and rinsed it? I had to do it a few times with mine.

Love it! Glad you are doing so well. So good to see your progress!

It's been a while. While I'm here, here's a pic of mine. I'm doing a lot of replanting and am gathering parts for my DIY CO2.

That looks amazing dude. I wanna get "different" plants for mine but I'm not sure where to look or what to get

That looks amazing dude. I wanna get "different" plants for mine but I'm not sure where to look or what to get

I think the starting point is your lighting and whether you are going high tech on the plants or not. If you are sticking with a biotype (mine is broadly South American) that's the next consideration. I looked at a lot of online plant stores and plant profiles. Each tank is unique and some experimentation is a good thing. Reading the planted board here is a help. If I can help in any way let me know.

In the meantime your tank looks great.

PS. Two rather new to aquariums South American plants I especially like are Bacopa Australis and Staurogyne repens. (I just got some of that). I think they would look good with your Angels. Both will survive a variety of lighting and CO2.

I'm thinking lily pads as a possibility. I'd have to redesign a "hood", but it could work. I found something on ebay, 50 aquarium plants for 17CAD. I may get them. Plus with lily pads, I can get things that aren't fully aquatic, like a fire bellied toad for example

I'm thinking lily pads as a possibility. I'd have to redesign a "hood", but it could work. I found something on ebay, 50 aquarium plants for 17CAD. I may get them. Plus with lily pads, I can get things that aren't fully aquatic, like a fire bellied toad for example

I'm totally ignorant about lily pads and toads, but look forward to seeing yours as things progress. 50 plants for 17 CAD is great! Please update with pictures.

Back
Top Bottom