Looking to Upgrade/Start Over... Please Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a team fan,I don't believe one player is more important than the whole...it's truly a team sport...

sit in silence...

Best I've seen so far is 60G 48.5"x15.5"x17.25" for $90...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So is that a good deal?

Best I've seen so far is 60G 48.5"x15.5"x17.25" for $90...

Really imo a 40g breeder is the the best tank for a planted tank...I've had tanks ranging from 2.5g's to 150g's..the 40b has an awesome footprint,lots of room to do work in there...DO WORK SON!

sit in silence...

What are the dimensions of that? I wanted a 60 or 75 so maybe I could stock discus

May I ask what types of fish you want? That way these guys can give advice on a good tank size. I started out in 55 gallon but there was no way I could get the fish I wanted in that.

May I ask what types of fish you want? That way these guys can give advice on a good tank size. I started out in 55 gallon but there was no way I could get the fish I wanted in that.

I'm looking at either mbuna, discus or a few schools of community fish in the 5-6" in range. Ignore the fact that this thread is in the planted tank sub-forum, I've requested to have it moved to "Getting Started". I know mbuna don't do well with plants lol.

I'm looking at either mbuna, discus or a few schools of community fish in the 5-6" in range. Ignore the fact that this thread is in the planted tank sub-forum, I've requested to have it moved to "Getting Started". I know mbuna don't do well with plants lol.

There are some beautiful Lake Victorians out there...discus are AWESOME but require a demanding commitment...I like the neon tetra& German rams...

sit in silence...

There are some beautiful Lake Victorians out there...discus are AWESOME but require a demanding commitment...I like the neon tetra& German rams...

sit in silence...

I know about Haps, I have two of the Nyererei in my 29G right now. There are others, like Kribensis.

Caleb, I think I found what you bought. Aqueon 75G ensemble for $400. Now to convince the wife to let me buy it, wish me luck lol

Caleb, I think I found what you bought. Aqueon 75G ensemble for $400. Now to convince the wife to let me buy it, wish me luck lol

Those stands crap out with time,a little bit of water can make them spongy...if your handy you can build a nice stand for a fraction of the cost..

sit in silence...

Those stands crap out with time,a little bit of water can make them spongy...if your handy you can build a nice stand for a fraction of the cost..

sit in silence...

Lol problem is that I'm not very handy

Lol problem is that I'm not very handy

Me either and hence why I buy stands. I'll just have a carpenter *cough* brookster *cough* mail me a homemade one.

It's a pretty good stand. Open back for whatever cords you need to string out of it and plenty of room inside for stocking the goodies.

It's not hard to keep it dry.

Caleb

Me either and hence why I buy stands. I'll just have a carpenter *cough* brookster *cough* mail me a homemade one.

It's a pretty good stand. Open back for whatever cords you need to string out of it and plenty of room inside for stocking the goodies.

It's not hard to keep it dry.

Caleb

So you have this Aqueon ensemble? Well for now the wife is ok with buying this, for now. We're supposed to go and pick it up tomorrow. She's scouring craigslist for a better deal lol.

Now that I have the tank and stand figured out, need to pick out a filter and heater. Any ideas, anyone? I know I definitely need to go the canister route. As for heater, should I run one 300w or 2 lower power ones?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Can anyone comment on Fluval canister filters?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

2 lower powered ones will help disperse the heat better.

Just run 2 AC110. they are wonderful filters and much less work than a canister. Trust me, I have a canister and I'm about to get rid of it because I gotta take it all apart and clean everything monthly because of all the waste that builds up in it. They are great and do an awesome job but are much more maintenance than just an HOB.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom