Looking to upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vvjosh06

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have the Marineland 60gal tank. Dimensions are 48Lx24Hx13W. I'm using the stock hoods and lights it can with which is 2 15w fluorescent lights. From my knowledge that is about .5w per gallon. I know this is not near enough for some of my plants and I'm looking for a good upgrade without changing the hoods. Any ideas?

You can use those without replacing the factory hoods?

Possibly but if not it would be a nice upgrade and your plants will love it

What plants do you have and what lighting level are you trying to achieve? There are probably so things you can do to keep your current hoods, but to widen your options glass lids would work well and look nice.

I have different kinds of anubis , anacharis, red Ludwiga, cardinal plant, amazon swords, mondo grass, something that looks like tear drops. And a moss ball. I currently use floramax 15w bulbs.

I have different kinds of anubis , anacharis, red Ludwiga, cardinal plant, amazon swords, mondo grass, something that looks like tear drops. And a moss ball. I currently use floramax 15w bulbs.

Just a heads up,the mondo grass isn't fully aquatic&will eventually die....

Back
Top Bottom