Losing the ammonia battle. Help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe a disclaimer at front - very curious now!

I do wonder what the difference is between prime and other water conditioners where prime can handle the nitrite somehow. They all sound about the same and I would have assumed from a business point that you wouldn't add extra to a product unless covered by marketing. I'm starting to see prime show up in lfs here - will have to check out the label.

They are definitely careful about how they advertise. Look at excel. Lots of people recommend overdosing it to get rid of some algaes but the still don't advertise it as having that purpose because they haven't done the research to back it up apparently.

Kind of makes me believe their other claims even more.

Psst start a casual thread about it in the Off-Topic Aquaria thread because you KNOW I want to hear about it

Maybe you could help also? I'll start a thread discussing what I have found and post some links.

This should be fun !

No wonder not cycling. Just checked on the filter etc and the heater was down at 16 degree c (60.8 fahrenheit) so increased to 20 (68 fahrenheit) will this make a difference. Max loaches can tolerate is 24 but not ideal but could go to 22 as have powerful airation

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No wonder not cycling. Just checked on the filter etc and the heater was down at 16 degree c (60.8 fahrenheit) so increased to 20 (68 fahrenheit) will this make a difference. Max loaches can tolerate is 24 but not ideal but could go to 22 as have powerful airation

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dot change it that much in one day! Just a couple degrees per day or you'll shock the fish!

Back
Top Bottom