Low-Tech 10g Planted Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have ludwigia repens and rotala indica. The indica gets a pinkish/reddish like the repens but not as dark.

Let me know how the nerites work out. I've been eyeballing them myself for my 40.

Ok cool, I might just take you up on that offer if I can get my hardly-planted 10 to look better. For the 10g, I'm going to get a Clithion Corona, and a couple Red Spot nerites for the 55, which has somewhat of a GSA problem, but more of a brown algae problem, so I'm hoping they could take care of that lol.

So it seems I may have some microinverts already. Plenty of baby pond snails :mad:, some planaria, and some that I think are daphnia. I took some super macro pics, I'll try to upload them later. The "dapnia" seems to be munching on the ludwigia leaves that have fallen off.

If you haven't decided on fish I would go with HN1 & SM's Von rios. I got 10 of them and absolutely love them! I've had them for about two months now and they've probably doubled in size (pretty close). They are coloring up nicely and no losses! :) Thinking of another 10-20 for my 30g tall if I ever get around to setting it up.

Those are in my top 3. I'm afraid I won't be able to buy any fish for a while because of the heat, unless sm uses ice packs. 1. CPDs 2. Espei Rasboras 3. Von rios. Just don't know which out of those haha.

Pics (sorry about the camera noise):
Snail Super Macro
IMG_2685.JPG

ostracods?
IMG_2687.JPG

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

haha mg. If I had a slightly larger tank, I'd probably get gouramis, but I think I'll just stick to a school of one of those 3 on the list, if only I knew which one haha.

Hey A1, you asked me this before, but no Sweet Aquatics does not always ship the following Monday. I placed my order in for plants Friday morning and did not receive any emails confirming shipment yet.

It's probably next Monday. I emailed them telling them to cancel the order, but I'm not getting a response. Hope it's not too late.

I like the looks of the tank right now with the Cichlid, and I think adding plants will make it look too busy. If I had gotten Gouramis and Tetras, then I would definitely need some plants to keep it from looking bare.

Grats. I love their look. Too bad I'm too chicken to buy any fish more than 2 dollars unless it's a show piece. I'm always scared something will crash...*sigh

Back
Top Bottom