Macscale's 55g Reef Upgraded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't got any clams but I have just fragged my galaxia and it's at it's weakest now and he has just left it all alone

Hey Mac, I posted my own thread in the members showcase section if you wanna take a look! :D

Oh you planning a clam or 2 or 5...?? Hopefully the cb plays nicer with clams then my jerk of a blenny.

So, I just got home and checked on the tank. Two things:
This morning I saw some white spots on the CB and was really nervous. But I'm pretty sure they were micro bubbles or something going by him because they are gone now.

2. The skimmer has broken in pretty fast. Already pulling out some gunk. Really happy. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401739751.575081.jpg

That's good about the coral beauty! Hope it's not ich...and skimmer looks to be doing serious work

Have you got a cup to catch the micro bubbles from your skimmer?

I do, but it doesn't work the best. I've tried blocking it with sponge like things and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've heard that after a while this skimmer doesn't spill as many out. We'll see.

That's good about the coral beauty! Hope it's not ich...and skimmer looks to be doing serious work

I'm hoping not too... That would be a shame. For now it seems like there is nothing on him. I adjusted the flow patterns a little and everyone is happily about swimming.

I do, but it doesn't work the best. I've tried blocking it with sponge like things and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've heard that after a while this skimmer doesn't spill as many out. We'll see.

Probably just still breaking in, I'm sure it will get better

So, after watching the clowns aggression and attitude change completely when I moved them to a bigger tank, I would never keep any in a 20g again. You'd never guess how happy they look now. I've never seen their personalities be so bold and playful.. It's amazing.

I'm curious if my little devils will calm down once I upgrade my tank lol

Mine aren't so bad around me since they know I feed them :p it's more their aggression towards anyone in their "palace"

Mine aren't so bad around me since they know I feed them :p it's more their aggression towards anyone in their "palace"

Oh mine are the biggest pigs, they get fed too much if anything.
Mine aren't too aggressive to other fish. They haven't messed with the Coral Beauty at all. And they use the goby as protection sometimes.

The two clowns would fight so much in the 20, but I guess they went to couples counseling and decided to buy a new home. Hence the 20 --> 55.

What kind of live rock do you have?

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I dreaded transferring everything over , It broke my heart tearing up 2 reefs to add to the 90g ,
looks like your coming along ,I bet it was a pain in the butt building your scape in a 55g as there so narrow
I always loved rock islands in the bigger tanks gives it personality
just wait till you fill it out with coral it will come alive for sure
I need to pick up more base rock for my lower tank so I can start filling it out with coral in time
buying coral is addicting
good luck with it look forward seeing it after it matures and fill out

I dreaded transferring everything over , It broke my heart tearing up 2 reefs to add to the 90g ,
looks like your coming along ,I bet it was a pain in the butt building your scape in a 55g as there so narrow
I always loved rock islands in the bigger tanks gives it personality
just wait till you fill it out with coral it will come alive for sure
I need to pick up more base rock for my lower tank so I can start filling it out with coral in time
buying coral is addicting
good luck with it look forward seeing it after it matures and fill out

I was scared to start the transfer, but everything went well.
The scape was hard when it came to building islands, so I had to connect them to make it easier but to still look full.
Do you have a build thread somewhere to follow?

Back
Top Bottom