Make shift qt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robbyno22

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm getting a few new fish for my daughter's 13 gallon tank today. We have a few fish in there now, so I'm thinking I want to quarantine the new fish for a few days. The only extra tank I have is a 3.5 gallon with no filter. Depending on stock at my LFS, we will either be getting 3 endlers or 3 red phantom tetras. Would these fish be okay in that tank for a few days if I do daily water changes? I'm not worried about a heater, since my 13 gallon tank never drops below 77. If I need to heat the water, I could use the heater that came with the 13...
Would it work, or should I not even bother?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That tank would be too small for any fish, even for a few days. Even with daily water changes the water would get bad quick. The recommended time for QT is 2 weeks. you cannot tell if the fish is sick in just a couple of days. Stress could bring on an attack of ick. You can use a storage tote for QT if you do not have a tank. I have used the translucent ones to hold extra fry. It can make it hard to observe the fish but it can be done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom