Malawi cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Womble1234

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so, I have a mix of them.. I have about 1 of each breed except for 2 labs and 2 OBs... I am not sure of the breed but they are a mix of female and male.. Does this matter?

As they get older and sexually mature it could... You either want all males or a 1/3 m/f ratio which depending on the cichlid you may need more females or even just one..you will need to research you cichlids and go from there but peacocks and mbunas are best kept to their own tanks instead of mixing together

55 gallon right? That should be good for about 12 cichlids... 3 breeding groups of 1/3 if you don't want all males

The only mbuna I'd mix with peacocks are yellow labs. Even then, you could get a personally nasty fish. My yellow labs are the bullies in my malawi tank, and they are smallest.

1 is an open water species, the other is a rock dweller closer to shore.
Hit and miss with mixing, they don't come across each other in the wild. Just cross your fingers and hope you have peaceful temperament fish.

Back
Top Bottom