Male betta chasing females how can I stop him ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...????!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
The only way is to separate them.
Male and Female Bettas should not be together in a tank unless they in there for breeding. These are not fish that should be kept together all the time. If you are looking to keep multiple Bettas together, I suggest you just keep females and try to get all of them at the same time. Even females can become aggressive to new female tankmates.

Hope this helps (y)

They aren't supposed to be together. In nature there are territories and our tanks are not big enough for a size territory a Betta needs. The male will often end up killing the female(s).

What size is the tank?

They aren't supposed to be together. In nature there are territories and our tanks are not big enough for a size territory a Betta needs. The male will often end up killing the female(s).

What size is the tank?

+1 also these fish when collected in the 19th century(the ones current lines are developed from) were selectively bred specifically for aggression in fighting making the fights last till the death instead of capitulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom