Mama Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ignore the food. I was trying to get her to "pose" for me. Water is a tad cloudy but is getting much better with water changes. I'm starting to see black spots on her belly. Can you tell from the pics?

Attachments

• image-1191828380.jpg
    image-1191828380.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image-1801712681.jpg
    image-1801712681.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 36
  • image-1955417003.jpg
    image-1955417003.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 43
  • image-3552128004.jpg
    image-3552128004.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 43
Ignore the food. I was trying to get her to "pose" for me. Water is a tad cloudy but is getting much better with water changes. I'm starting to see black spots on her belly. Can you tell from the pics?
WOW, the bottom left picture, she looks like she swallowed a marble!!. I think I mentioned it to you before, but I hate predicting balloons. She defo looks pregnant, how long, I would say less than a week left and that's only a guess, which is not much good to you. Sorry I have a really bad memory, I think I was born with Alzheimer's, but what size tank and filter(name, model) do you have??

I have a 20 gallon with a penguin 150 in it. I am going to sell the babies to a local fish store.

Ok. Ill try the every other day thing and see how it works. I have floss and carbon in as of yesterday. Should I do another water change?

Ok. Ill try the every other day thing and see how it works. I have floss and carbon in as of yesterday. Should I do another water change?
If you have time, it'd do no harm. When feeding, just put tiny amounts in at a time. Don't just put it all in, in one go. As soon as they stop eating, stop feeding. I also turn off my filter(s) when i'm feeding, stops it from being blown everywhere....

Ok I'll go back to daily water changes, feeding every other day and small amounts. It's doing we'll for the tank only be up three weeks

If you have time, it'd do no harm. When feeding, just put tiny amounts in at a time. Don't just put it all in, in one go. As soon as they stop eating, stop feeding. I also turn off my filter(s) when i'm feeding, stops it from being blown everywhere....
Just thinking, I don't know anything about your filter but I google imaged it. When you carbon is exhausted, check out Seachem Purigen. I'm not certain it will fit, but in the picture on google, I would say it will fit behind the blue sponge. It'll make your water crystal clear.....

Yes they did. I use an API liquid test kit. Is that ok? It's what they sold me
I thought they did. An API test kit is perfect. The only way to know your fully cycled is when you get 0 Ammonia and 0 Nitrites. When you see anything above .25 in Ammonia or Nitrites it's time for a change. I know it's a pain but that's the joys of a fishin cycle!!!. If you have time now, run a test for Ammonia and Nitrites. I'm interested to see the results....You can PM me the results, if you want.

The black coloring near her back find are getting so dark and she is almost "wobbling". Is this a sign that she is close? And I know you said feed fish every other day but what about for a mama to be?

And on a side note I checked the water, nitrites still a tad high...did partial water change to bring them down

The black coloring near her back find are getting so dark and she is almost "wobbling". Is this a sign that she is close? And I know you said feed fish every other day but what about for a mama to be?
Yeah, go ahead and feed her. If you keep her well fed, she's less likely to eat the young. If she is really close, usually within a day or two, she won't eat or will pick a flake/pellet and then spit it out. As soon as you notice she had the fry, offer her some food. She will be very hungry!!!

Mama is still just as big as ever. Water conditions are good. Temp is up a degree! Lots of black near anal area. Anytime now! I'm an impatient mom to be lol

Back
Top Bottom