Marine Land Eclipse System Six - any comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwarfpuffer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Marine Land Eclipse System Six - any comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking to buy an aquarium, any idea on 6 gallon marine land Eclipse System Six, how is it? is it a good buy.

It's definitely not a bad system, but for the price, you can get a 10-gallon and add all the extras in yourself. I'm not a fan of acrylics in smaller tanks as they scratch. It's so convenient to be able to take a razor blade to the glass to remove any excess algae that appears.

I had one of these and it worked beautifully. The advantage of the acrylic is that it is so light, and is a single peice so no risk of leaking. You can't house many fish though (we had 2 glass fish that lived for years until a power outage killed them).

If you really like the setup and look of the Eclipse, it will likely be fine for you. Some people have problems, most seem not to. Checking the product reviews here and on Google might help you decide.

But ..... as theotheragentm pointed out, for the same money you can set up a 10 gallon glass tank. A lot more options with this. 40% bigger equals more fish, easier to keep the water stable, more room to aquascape with plants, decor, etc ....... When comparing 2 setups the larger is almost always better.

I had looked at one of the Eclipse sytems for a first tank when I got back into this hobby after a 30 year absence. After a bunch of research ..... I picked up a used 30 gallon tank on craigslist.com. lol But also set up a 10 gal glass tank for a betta soon after.

Again, if the Eclipse calls to you, try it. You will likely be very happy with it. You will be happier with a 10 gallon, though. Not that I am trying to influence you. :lol:

BTW, if you are thinking dwarf puffers ..... a moderate to heavily planted 10 gal seems to work very well for 3 of the little guys.

Back
Top Bottom