Marital discord?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

locorosa

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, I moved the kids to the new pool yesterday morning. They were in a 35 hex and are now the proud owners of a 46 bow front. Since moving them in I noticed my Rams have separated. "She" has staked out the left side of the tank and is chasing everybody out. "He" has taken the right side and is chasing her out. Lol!
What the heck? Should I help her serve him with divorce papers? It is really fascinating to watch them spar. She chased everybody out of her area but will allow him in there once in a while. He refuses to let her anywhere near his side of the tank. What intersting fish! I am so used to the Goldies which are pretty peaceful other than some occasional headbutting.
I warn you now, the camera is new and I know just enough to be a danger to it...:):)
Sparring%20Rams%20003.jpg

Sparring%20Rams%20009.jpg

Bonnie is the fish facing left and Clyde is the fish facing right. Bonnie has the appropriate pink coloring and he has the dorsal spiking...hmmmm. Doth I have an Adam and Steve?

Do you mean Bonnie is the fish ON the left, because the fish FACING right (the one on the left) looks like the female. I see her purple gravid spot.

The fish on the left is a female (the pink belly is a dead give away); going from the lack of pink and the blue coloration on the belly of the fish on the right, I'd say it's a male.

Lol...*snort*. The fish on the left is what I assume is Bonnie. She must not be into polygamy...and she has the girl attitude. He is much worse though. Prolly for the best as one should assume they are related. Ewwwwww...:(

Back
Top Bottom