May be a dumb question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@bstnrdsx - that is crazy!

Well, I came home for lunch and tested my ammonia again so I could look at it under natural light. I was not happy with it so I did another 40 to 45% PWC. Now I feel like I have got to the 4ppm. Note to self a cap full of ammonia is WAY to much!!!

8 days into fishless cycle and....

nothing has happened. My ammonia is still at 4ppm. I have bubble wands and filter running and the lights are off. My water temp is staying right around 82 to 84 degrees. The one thing I have not done is add fish food. Should I go ahead and do that and if so how much? I know it is supposed to be a small amount but how much is a small amount? Maybe its just me not being patient. Thanks everyone!

Be patient food is just for a source of ammonia which you already have this wait is the worst part of the hobby if you have another tank try doing something to it to take your mind off it

yeah

that is what i was thinking. I do not have another aquarium but I did just send out and SOS on facebook asking if any of my friends have a healthy and established aquarium that I could steal some media from. we will see.

BostonRedSox said:
that is what i was thinking. I do not have another aquarium but I did just send out and SOS on facebook asking if any of my friends have a healthy and established aquarium that I could steal some media from. we will see.

Thats always the fastest way I did an 80 gall in 1 week give or take with seeded media

I am new to cycling tanks, so this might be a bad suggestion, but i usually keep Mylasian Trumpet Snails in my tank gravel. What if you added some plants and some MTS into the tank and let it cycle like that? I think that the snails would produce some ammonia and get the cycle started and then maybe you wouldn't have to add liquid ammonia?

Back
Top Bottom