Mbuna Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 50g tank that has been set up for 6 months and running smoothly. currently I have 2 yellow labs, 2 red zebras, 1 yellow tail, 2 mainganos, 1 mpanga. All Males..and I'd like to keep it that way!

Looking to add a few more fish. Open for suggestions.
red top afra
green afra
really like the pearlmutt lab
melanachromus parallellus

I like a fairly peaceful tank, so no very aggressive species.

How about a few jewels an OB a clown Afro that's what I have in my tank along with a few of the ones you mentioned

How about mixing labs? Someone told me they would fight each other.

I have a 50g tank that has been set up for 6 months and running smoothly. currently I have 2 yellow labs, 2 red zebras, 1 yellow tail, 2 mainganos, 1 mpanga. All Males..and I'd like to keep it that way!

I would just raise the #s you have now

red top afra

Won't work

Both of the areas will probably fight with the mpanga you have now

really like the pearlmutt lab

won't work with other libidochromis like you labs

melanachromus parallellus

I'd have to look this one up

*Edit*
To aggressive

I like a fairly peaceful tank, so no very aggressive species.

I think you have a good selection so far. IMO tanks look better with just 3-4 species

Last edited:
How about a chewere or a Labeotropheus trewavassae 'chismulu red'

I had a female demasoni that did ok but she kept havn babies so i gave her away. Would a male work?

How about a chewere or a Labeotropheus trewavassae 'chismulu red'

I had a female demasoni that did ok but she kept havn babies so i gave her away. Would a male work?

None of the all blue or mostly all cynotiapia or elongatus probably won't work in the long run. They all look pretty close to one another and fights may break out in the long run. I'm not sure about in an all male tank though. Maybe mogurako can answer that.

The Labeotropheus trewavassae are a bit more aggressive and they do reach a little bigger size. What's the dimensions of the tank?

Back
Top Bottom