Mebbid's Fishtopia: Various tank builds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ordered my plants from AquariumPlants.com. They ship soon so I should be receiving the plants on Thursday so im really looking forward to it.

I also just realized that I never posted a FTS of my tank...

oYvkiu3.jpg

Also, a few close ups

It's nice to see my good old root tabs working their magic again. This Aponogeton Ulvaceus was down to a single leaf on 1/21 when it went into my tank. It has 3 new leaves with 2 more coming up currently.

9hlAlyq.jpg

This red lotus was nothing but a bulb. I had no clue what it was.

jmn6zDc.jpg

Star repens, can't live without it
FCc12hE.jpg

PruMGJf.jpg

I ordered my plants from AquariumPlants.com. They ship soon so I should be receiving the plants on Thursday so im really looking forward to it.

I also just realized that I never posted a FTS of my tank...

oYvkiu3.jpg

Also, a few close ups

It's nice to see my good old root tabs working their magic again. This Aponogeton Ulvaceus was down to a single leaf on 1/21 when it went into my tank. It has 3 new leaves with 2 more coming up currently.

9hlAlyq.jpg

This red lotus was nothing but a bulb. I had no clue what it was.

jmn6zDc.jpg

Star repens, can't live without it
FCc12hE.jpg

PruMGJf.jpg

I love red lotus, they look really good in lighting that has red LED's and grow really fast under good lighting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a problem.. Went to my LFS to get some medications for food for the loaches and picked up focus, metroplex, and Prazi pro. While I was there I couldnt help but buy another piece of drift wood that caught my eye.

PKa1CU9.jpg

MMmmmm spider wood. I spend hours going through the pieces at my lfs and can never pick just one.

MMmmmm spider wood. I spend hours going through the pieces at my lfs and can never pick just one.

I know right, I spent about 15 minutes looking at one piece just to change my mind at the last minute while the employee was grabbing a ladder to get it off the wall.

I know right, I spent about 15 minutes looking at one piece just to change my mind at the last minute while the employee was grabbing a ladder to get it off the wall.

While you are there, do you take pieces of DW and arrange and rearrange them in some of the empty tanks? I do. Helps to visualize how things will go together. The shop keepers don't care; IMO I'm probably the most normal person in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

While you are there, do you take pieces of DW and arrange and rearrange them in some of the empty tanks? I do. Helps to visualize how things will go together. The shop keepers don't care; IMO I'm probably the most normal person in there.

Either this or on the floor.

Mebbid, are you still looking for Blyxa? I've got some I could send your way. Let me know.

This tank is looking really nice. I like the extra wood you've put in!

Good idea, I never thought of that. It seriously would have prevented the issue I had with the first piece of driftwood I bought for my very first tank. This is my old 29g. The driftwood is about 1" from the front glass and is leaning against the back pane. was seriously too big and is still leeching tannins.... Dumb mopani :D

ChviQ4U.jpg

Mebbid, are you still looking for Blyxa? I've got some I could send your way. Let me know.

This tank is looking really nice. I like the extra wood you've put in!

Yeah, I am definitely looking for some blyxa, I'll send you a pm.

Also, thanks for the compliment :D I'm loving it already and the plants havent really even started coming in yet

I've put DW under a mitre/chop saw to reduce its size. Of course this only works if the "cut" surface is not facing forward.
If a tank is not available, I use the floor as previously mentioned. If there are 12"x12" tiles on the floor, it makes it easier to map things out.
I think I still see tannins from 2.5 year old Malaysian DW.

Yeah, I am definitely looking for some blyxa, I'll send you a pm.

Also, thanks for the compliment :D I'm loving it already and the plants havent really even started coming in yet

Hit me up. It's got your name on it!

It's good you're happy. You've definitely got an excellent start here. Should be fun watching it grow out!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

UPS stated the package was delivered and left on my porch at 9:40. Nobody has approached my apartment since I got home at 7. I know this because I have been here waiting for any sound that signifies a person approaching as well as the dusting of snow that has only my foot prints in it. Sooo... I hate UPS right now.

Also, it's 2 hours past my bedtime and they are keeping me up with waiting. Jerks

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

UPS stated the package was delivered and left on my porch at 9:40. Nobody has approached my apartment since I got home at 7. I know this because I have been here waiting for any sound that signifies a person approaching as well as the dusting of snow that has only my foot prints in it. Sooo... I hate UPS right now.

Also, it's 2 hours past my bedtime and they are keeping me up with waiting. Jerks

Nu-uh! Nope! I'd be on the phone with them asking about this... If they insisted on saying it was delivered I'd call them out on their lying and return with insisting they find out where my package actually is... I stopped using UPS for this exact reason. Never have that problem with FedEx or even USPS.

Sorry you're having to deal with that :\

Nu-uh! Nope! I'd be on the phone with them asking about this... If they insisted on saying it was delivered I'd call them out on their lying and return with insisting they find out where my package actually is... I stopped using UPS for this exact reason. Never have that problem with FedEx or even USPS.

Sorry you're having to deal with that :\

Apparently the box was "scratched" right on the shipping label on the last digit of my address so it got sent to the wrong number. $20 says it was the guy attempting to cover his butt with a box that has "Live Tropical Fish" all over it and "Rush" on top about 6 times. But whatever. The box was outside in the snow for about an hour and a half before I got it. The plants were cold but thankfully I paid extra for the heat pack and Styrofoam shipping box. They don't look any worse for wear because of their time outside. Pictures to follow

Holy crap I bought too much. I forgot how much that website sends.

SyCQ0mr.jpg

I havent decided what the star of the show is yet.

Hygro Pinnatifida
2TJp2Zk.jpg

Crinum Calimstratum
g3lLaCd.jpg

Red Flame Echinodorus
iMyGHdt.jpg

Love red flame! We just don't see that kind of variety over here in our LFS.

Looking good mebbid ?

Yay! Plants galore! Red Flame Swords are awesome. Nice red color and easy.

Hit me up. It's got your name on it!

It's good you're happy. You've definitely got an excellent start here. Should be fun watching it grow out!

I know, right! :) I'm too impatient for that part right now :D

Love red flame! We just don't see that kind of variety over here in our LFS.

Looking good mebbid ?

My LFS has a wide selection of plants, however they just don't really look healthy unless you get them when they are fresh. Their tanks aren't properly set up for plants sadly.

Yay! Plants galore! Red Flame Swords are awesome. Nice red color and easy.

I was excited to see it at such a nice size! A ruby melon sword is the only red sword I have ever had.

Awesome plants I have never seen before! I want them all.

Haha well when they start growing out I will be giving away my extras :) I'll post links to the threads here.

Back
Top Bottom