Microbe-Lift Gravel & Substrate Cleaner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BarleyBear

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have any knowledge about Microbe-Lift Gravel and Substrate Cleaner? I saw it at a store today and almost bought it, but I thought I'd check with folks on here first. I searched for it, but the only threads I could find were about a different product by the same company.

The label claims it is a microbial mixture that will clean up all the muck and detritus in the gravel, meaning you won't have to vacuum it up yourself. I'm intrigued, because with my planted Fluval tank, it is next to impossible to get a vacuum down there to suck up anything from the gravel.

So, does it work? Does it have any adverse effects? It seems so many products out there either don't do what they say or they also do things they don't say (and you don't want to happen). Sounds too good to be true. Even if it only helps a little, that will be good. But I don't want it to do something tragic like kill off all my beneficial bacteria.

Here's a pic of the product:

Microbe-Lift Substrate.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom