Mikes mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_0988.jpg

I’m gonna do another layer of this with plastic vapor barrier. To top it off will be some stuff foam

IMG_0990.jpg

We are not ready for me to shotgun a bunch of twenties yet!

IMG_0989.jpg

As it is set up I have room for what I have. I think it is solid enough to take what I set on it

Thank you sir! Overbuilt? Yep! Better safe then sorry in my eye

It could be a little more square. I used the walls. Basement walls are rarely plumb.

If I get to put water up high I will reinforce below the middle brace. It’s on a 2x but I will spread that a little. Had to think too much. Been a few years

I have 4@ 20 spanning a 2x4 shot gun with no center support..
I like wood as I can hang my lights above tanks and have easier access..
Have you worked out the alita air pressure issue?

I think that one is shot. I did not give it a way to deal with back pressure. I have a cheap one that is giving me lots of air. I bought a rebuild kit for the Alita. Once I get pvc up and have a bleeder set up I will set it up

I enjoyed the video. The Rainbows do a good job guarding the nest, without doing any damage
to the tankmates. Great cichlid.

Nice ! I have resisted the rainbows .There have been some great looking ones lately. I bet a pair would set my 180 off !
Are you thinking of raising them now you are sort of ready? I have found some additions get installed upon necessity rather then planning..I had no clue or plan for the black rams but when opportunity knocks one should at least answer the door...:whistle:

That pair is about to spawn again. They had three or four survivors from the last spawn. I’m not going to intentionally but if I have a few then I will figure that out

They are a great Cichlid. Mild mannered, very hardy. I would love to have a big central tank some day. If I do, they will be in it

Do you think they would get along with electric blue acara?
I might be able to remove a couple EBA and add a pair of the bows..

I don’t know that fish well enough to comment. I have read that rainbows are fine with the big Agro centrals because they just kind of blend in.

I would love to see that combo. Rainbows in breeding dress are really nice

IMG_0999.jpg

My guess is 70 blue stars in here. Gonna need to thin the herd soon

Back
Top Bottom