Missing fish in 29 gallon community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I noticed I had four fish missing when I looked at my tank. I took out all the plants and drift wood but I found no bodys. My tank is a community fish tank and I really don't have any fish that could have eaten the fish whole. The fish were platys. My live stock consist 1 gourami, 2 upside down catfish, 2 albino bushy nose plecos, 1 vampire pleco, 2 Albino clawed frogs, 1 emerald Cory catfish, and 6 platys. The frogs are too small to eat a Platy so I don't think they did it. My only thought is the vampire pleco possibly did it but I've had it for 3 years and it has never eaten a fish. Who is eating my fish?

3 Pleco's would disappear a body faster than tony soprano! You need to figure out why they're dying though.. Test results? That tank is pretty stocked, is the water cloudy?

3 Pleco's would disappear a body faster than tony soprano! You need to figure out why they're dying though.. Test results? That tank is pretty stocked, is the water cloudy?

To be honest I'm really not sure why they died. I do weekly water changes and filtration wise I have an Eheim 2213 canister filter and an Aquaclear 50. I usually clean the tank every Thursday but I had to clean it on Friday because I had a lot of work to do. I know the tank is a bit over stocked but most of the fish are small. Don't worry I have 4 other tanks so I can move fish around. I have a 20 gallon long, 20 gallon, 40 gallon breeder, 29 gallon, and a 5 gallon. The water was not cloudy but when I did the water change I took out a bit more waste then usual probably because I missed the one day. So could a pleco actually eat the bones and everything from the fish?

I did not mean to offend, I've had a couple fish completely disappear in my tanks, I have Pleco's in them too, I feel like the bones; of a very small aquarium fish, would be barely noticeable once stripped of flesh..

I did not mean to offend, I've had a couple fish completely disappear in my tanks, I have Pleco's in them too, I feel like the bones; of a very small aquarium fish, would be barely noticeable once stripped of flesh..

Don't worry you did not offend me. The funny thing is I have black aquarium gravel so if there were any bones I would see them but it's obvious someone ate them whole.

As long nothing is rotting out in there.... Excuse to go to the Lfs and restock;)

As long nothing is rotting out in there.... Excuse to go to the Lfs and restock;)

I think I know who is eating my fish. Today one of the new fish I got to replace one of the ones that died was missing. I would have not suspected this but I think one of the albino clawed frogs did it. One of them has a huge belly and if that is not a dead give away then what is? I have to move them to a different tank but I need your advice on what tank to move them too.

I don't know?? Never had a frog like that.. How big is it?

Right now the frog is only the size of clown pleco but they get larger. I was planning on moving the two frogs into the 40 gallon breeder with the turtle but I'm not sure how the turtle will react. Search up albino clawed frog on google and you will see what I'm talking about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom